- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: ASABE publishes first of three horticultural LED lighting standards
ANSI/ASABE S640, Quantities and Units of Electromagnetic Radiation for Plants (Photosynthetic Organisms), sets the stage with definitions and descriptions of metrics for plant growth and development. Subsequent standards will focus on measurement and testing of LED products for plant growth and performance criteria for LED systems used in horticulture.
ASABE members with standards access and those with site-license privileges can access the full-text of the standard by electronic download in about six weeks. Location for the download is on the ASABE online Technical Library at elibrary.asabe.org. Others can obtain a copy for a fee directly from the library or by contacting ASABE headquarters at OrderStandard@asabe.org.
ASABE is recognized worldwide as a standards developing organization for food, agricultural, and biological systems, with more than 260 standards currently in publication. Conformance to ASABE standards is voluntary, except where required by state, provincial, or other governmental requirements, and the documents are developed by consensus in accordance with procedures approved by the American National Standards Institute. For information on this or any other ASABE standard, contact Scott Cedarquist at 269-932-7031, firstname.lastname@example.org. A current listing of all ASABE standards projects can be found on the ASABE web site at www.asabe.org/projects.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-21 Why more growers are choosing polycarbonate panels
- 2022-06-17 Grow lights for herbs: which option to choose
- 2022-06-17 How agritech startup Ecozen helps farmers grow with its solar products
- 2022-06-15 Caterpillar control with insect filter system at Florein Gerbera's
- 2022-05-27 Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- 2022-05-26 Experimental study reveals impact of light spectrum on plant growth
- 2022-05-23 “Recycling of nutrient solutions leads to important savings”
- 2022-05-23 24/7 virtual scouts equipped with computer vision to identify pathogens and pests
- 2022-05-20 Coating with a helicopter
- 2022-05-19 Water treatment with nanobubbles leads to decreased losses in gerbera cultivation
- 2022-05-17 OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- 2022-05-05 Improving growers' understanding of their irrigation water
- 2022-05-04 Ultrafiltration for closed cultivation, but what is ultrafiltration anyway?
- 2022-04-29 "I am convinced we all have to go in this direction in horticulture”
- 2022-04-27 "We use less heating compared to the HPS side of the greenhouse"
- 2022-04-26 "Investment in autonomous drones contributes to the digitization of greenhouses"
- 2022-04-21 SunPlus horticulture portfolio grows with the addition of deep-red
- 2022-04-21 "Chinese horticulture much more than production only"
- 2022-04-19 NL: Upgraded aerial work platform can get to work again
- 2022-04-15 Floricultural wholesalers choose to rent electric tow tractors from Steenks Service