- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
Small electric tractor packs a punch
This new Tow Tractor has zero pollution and requires no oil changes, no warm-up time with plenty of power and a set of lights and reflectors for working in dim light conditions of greenhouses.
Driven by an 18-horse-power, 36 volt electric fan-cooled drive motor, these tractors are work horses. An addition to the electric tractor is the on-board, three-bank smart charger that helps prolong battery life. There is even an option for solar charging the batteries. For about a dime’s worth of local electricity, just plug it in and be fully charged in about eight to ten hours. The 6 heavy duty, 6-volt deep cycle marine-type batteries weight is balanced on the tow tractor frame for maximum traction.
For food safety concerns, the tractor can be sanitized and wiped down to prevent plant disease migration and prevent foodborne pathogens.
Available attachments for cleaning, power broom sweeping, leaf vacuuming and plant spraying as well as light or heavy towing covers are some of the many chores of a greenhouse operation. An attached hand tool storage rack makes the job easier too.
An on-board 2,000-pound winch provides power for lifting attachments, or sliding equipment into place. The tractor weighs just 900 pounds, or about 408 kilograms including the heavy-duty batteries. The Multiple Use Tow Tractor by ScoringAg is rugged and quick and handles electric support equipment like electric scissor lifts with its front and rear electric outlets.
These Multiple Use Tow Tractors are built in the USA for ScoringAg to address the daily needs in the greenhouse and nursery industry no matter the size.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-17 45 Havatec Twisters already put to work
- 2022-06-15 "Cleaning machine reduces need for expensive algae control chemicals"
- 2022-06-07 Refurbished bucket, tray and crate washers: the budget-friendly, sustainable alternative
- 2022-05-26 Bangladesh: NBR raises duty on fruits, flowers imports
- 2022-05-18 New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- 2022-05-03 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 The new Mayer potting machines TM 2432E and TM 2432D
- 2022-03-24 Mayer's new powder coating line
- 2022-03-04 Mayer presents: the new potting machine TM 2432D
- 2022-02-23 Fast and efficient strapping of flower boxes with strapping machines
- 2022-02-15 Farm labor shortage continues - despite surge of working holiday visa applications
- 2022-01-04 NL: On the way to fully automated bouquet processing
- 2021-12-06 NL: Installing a conveyor belt system to increase efficiency
- 2021-11-25 Robot helps researchers to measure plant growth
- 2021-11-23 SIPCO Innovations increases production capacity by 5 times
- 2021-11-22 “Automated selection of cut hydrangeas takes away grower’s challenges”
- 2021-11-19 No more emissions in the greenhouse thanks to electric crop rotation
- 2021-11-19 Robots on the march
- 2021-11-18 New irrigation unit to be released on GrowTech Antalya
- 2021-11-15 When will we see fleets of robots working in the fields?