Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US: Four Star publishes 2018 catalog
Catalog, available in both digital and printed form. This 216-page growers’ guide details all the available Proven Winners and Proven Selections annuals, perennials and shrubs, along with new genera and varieties such as Supertunia Lovie Dovie Petunia, Superbells Blue Moon Punch Calibrachoa, and Senetti Pericallis. It also includes extensive cultural tips and ideas for growing crops together efficiently.
The digital version makes it easy to find information about the innovative new 104 tray, which is sold as a 102. This tray allows more plugs per square foot to save on shipping, while it encourages high-quality plants with the same finish time as Four Star’s proven 84 liners.
The catalog also includes these special sections:
* New Bundled Combination Kits for 2018
* Extended SuperSaver™ shipping weeks
* New “Classic” bestselling varieties
* Heat-tolerant and shade-loving varieties and combination ideas
* Videos illustrating Four Star’s new robotic sticking machines, how to choose the right liners, Four Star’s shipping department rocking peak season, and the Proven Winners process of selecting extraordinary plants.
As Tom Smith, Four Star President, explained, “We’re celebrating our 40th year of partnering with local, family-owned growers and retailers across the country, and this catalog shows the many ways we focus on what is important to their businesses and customers. Our team knows that our grower customers expect the best plants, ideas to help them be profitable and dedicated service. They’ll find all of these featured in this new catalog.”
Four Star is proud to offer growers Proven Winners varieties that are backed by a strong marketing program that creates consumer demand, and that offer outstanding garden performance, ensuring a successful home gardening experience.
Four Star Greenhouse is a founding member of Proven Winners plants and is the largest supplier of Proven Winners in North America.
Click here to see the catalog.
For more information:
Four Star Greenhouse
T: +1 734-654-6420 E
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers
- 2023-05-19 Linda Price from Wyveale Nurseries wins competition to name new phormium
- 2023-05-19 US (LA): Curiosity blooms into a flower farm with best bud
- 2023-05-19 Make-upz assortment newest addition to Deroose USA portfolio
- 2023-05-18 NL: Stolk Brothers grow anthuriums peat free
- 2023-05-18 NL: Organic Rose Nursery the Bierkreek decorates The Peace Palace
- 2023-05-18 Rosaprima launches four new rose varieties
- 2023-05-17 US (CA): Urban grower helps supply florists and markets
- 2023-05-17 "A step towards a greener future"