- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- Dutch growers lose faith
- Australia: Ball Mother-stock House meets growing demands
- "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- "New substrate fiber fits into the future of cultivation"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
August 23-26, Boskoop-Hazerswoude
NL: Stories and inspiration the running theme of Plantarium
The programming and content of the trade fair offer visitors and exhibitors plenty of inspiration. Participants and suppliers have joined forces to create six Houses of Inspiration with appealing themes. The six houses have been given the following names: 'Christmas', 'Roses', 'The Magical Experience', 'Specialties', 'Pleasure' and 'Theatre of Concepts'.
There are eight inspirational gardens to visit in the Greenpark hall. In each garden, designers and growers depict the stories of inspirational people, such as Walt Disney, Mozart, Joop Zoetemelk, Salvador Dali, Don Quixote, Nelson Mandela, Anne Frank and Annie M.G. Schmidt.
The designers and growers will be available every day to provide an explanation of the gardens. On the Varb Growers' square, 10 growers will display their autumn collections during the professional days and everyone in Varb can see what products are available. This is expected to ensure a flying start to autumn trade. The boarding point for the shuttle service to GROEN-Direkt is also located in the Greenpark hall.
Nine suppliers are displaying their latest developments and innovations in the field of (cultivation) technology outside on the Technopark. Various machines, vehicles and equipment will be set up and demonstrated here. At the former location of Floralis, machines and materials can be viewed that will be auctioned online by Troostwijk Auctions.
On Wednesday afternoon and evening, a networking event will take place for guests and participants from Plantarium and GROEN-Direkt. Cor Hospes will make a surprising appeal prior to the event. The winners of Plantarium 2017 will also be honoured during the evening.
On Thursday 24 August, six companies and five student teams will compete against each other for the Best idea of Plantarium 2017. They will advocate their innovations in a short pitch to a professional jury. The prize will be awarded at 3:30 pm. The public and visitors to the trade fair are welcome to attend the pitches and the prize ceremony.
On Friday, the KVBC is organising a speakers corner twice, during which three speakers will tell interesting stories involving novelties. From 5:00 pm, the young at heart can attend the Holygreen festival, which lasts until 11:00 pm.
On Saturday, Plantarium is open to the public and Grow & Bloom members are special guests.
Plantarium will be held from 23 to 26 August 2017 in the Plantarium building at the International Trade Centre Boskoop-Hazerswoude.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-02 Over 200 visitors welcomed during Open House Interplant Roses
- 2023-06-02 UK: ‘Heroines of Horticulture’ lauded at Chelsea show
- 2023-06-02 UK: Exbury Gardens to display RHS Chelsea Flower Show award-winning garden
- 2023-06-02 US: Flowers for all 300,000 graves at Arlington National Cemetery
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village