- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Are you missing out on CCL relief?
The NFU is the trade association responsible for the horticulture, pig and poultry CCL schemes. FEC Energy administers the scheme for the NFU and provides expert help and guidance to members of the scheme.
As part of the CCL scheme, companies have to comply with the 70% rule to ensure that you receive the discount. The rule means that at least 70% of your site’s annual energy use must be directly involved with the eligible processes. The eligible processes are activities involved in the rearing of indoor pig production, growing horticultural crops in protected structures and rearing poultry for meat or egg production.
On all sites, there will be some energy used for activities that are not part of the eligible processes such as offices, packhouses, workshops and canteens etc. The energy used for these should not exceed 30% of the total energy use for the site. This can be a pretty time consuming and complicated process, which is why Javier went to the site to carry out an audit of all the energy used within the non-eligible processes for this grower.
The CCL tax rates will increase substantially in 2019. It has never been more important to be part of the NFU Climate Change Levy scheme, as the rate of relief on CCL paid for electricity and gas will offset the tax increase.
However, in October 2018 the ability to sign up to the scheme will close to new applications. So now is the time to join the scheme so that you can benefit from the CCL tax discount.
Talk to Steve to discuss the eligibility for your new site on the scheme by calling 024 7669 3043.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-09-03 More than one million electric cars in Europe
- 2018-08-31 NL: 2800 solar panels on the Havecon roof
- 2018-08-30 Climeworks raises USD 30.8 million to commercialize CO2 removal tech
- 2018-08-29 High expectations of glass-glass panels and energy storage systems
- 2018-08-28 "Use of CHP for biomass and green gas mainly at high lighting levels and CO2 requirement"
- 2018-08-27 "Renewable energy needs implementation plan to back up announcements"
- 2018-08-24 Huisman Geo established to focus on geothermal energy market
- 2018-08-23 UK: Ofgem audits - The day of the audit
- 2018-08-22 Video: Enriva delivers waste to energy project for glasshouse
- 2018-08-21 Solar-powered greenhouse production
- 2018-08-20 The Energy-Humidity Connection
- 2018-08-17 UK: Is the rising energy market ever coming back down?
- 2018-08-16 Irish growers to take advantage of energy to boost profits
- 2018-08-15 "Ten percent higher light incidence in greenhouse"
- 2018-08-14 US (MN): High school builds 'energy classroom' greenhouse
- 2018-08-13 UK: Ebtech Group celebrates 10 years
- 2018-08-10 UK: GrowSave expands into soft fruit sector
- 2018-08-09 US (AZ): Western Growers opposes renewable energy initiative
- 2018-08-08 UK: Life after the feed-in tariff
- 2018-08-07 Five advantages of energy curtains