Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Kenya Horticultural Council officially launched
“The formation of the Kenya Horticultural Council could not have come at a better time. The horticultural industry is facing existential threat from numerous interceptions at the market place occasioned by myriad of factors such as maximum residue levels (MRLs), documentation, tariff barriers and non-tariff barriers. The time has come to have a single strong platform that addresses common issues affecting the industry,” said Mr. Richard Fox, the acting Chairman of the Kenya Horticultural Council.
KHC is working closely with relevant government regulatory bodies (PCPB, KEPHIS & HCD) to generate requisite data on diligent use of resources, including pesticides, fertilizers, water and energy across the country. Along with the aforementioned government bodies, the Council is supporting the development of an empirical national pesticide sampling and monitoring plan based on the risk factor. KHC will actively participate in capacity building of the KS 1758, the national traceability system and the stakeholder sensitization of the National Mechanism for Compliance.
It will also engage in promoting Kenya’s horticultural produce in key market destinations as well as explore opportunities in new and emerging markets. They will assist in rebuilding and enhancing the industry’s image and thus be a preferred source of quality and safe horticultural products.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Picalla scratch campaign puts buyers in the spotlight
- 2023-06-01 Kenya: Lima Labs makes debut at IFTEX
- 2023-05-31 NZ: New people join HortNZ Board
- 2023-05-31 Stuppy celebrates 150th anniversary
- 2023-05-31 Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market