- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dutch king to attend Koppert Biological Systems’ 50th anniversary
Fifty years ago, the family company got underway with the idea of combating pests in crops using natural enemy insects instead of chemical agents. Koppert looks for solutions that can be found in nature itself and manufactures products that can be used by professional growers. Over time, the company has grown to become an international organization with 25 subsidiaries. Koppert’s natural solutions are now used worldwide to combat pests and diseases in agriculture and horticulture. The company also focuses on improving soil quality.
The king will officially be opening the Experience Centre. This information centre has been created in response to the growing demand to give visitors an insight into the world of biological crop protection. The Experience Centre will give growers, research institutes, students and authorities from both local and overseas organizations access to information about the vision, research, and the development and production processes at Koppert in an interactive way. After the opening, the king will talk to a number of the company’s employees. He will also be present at the opening of the international Jubilee Seminar that Koppert has organized.
In the sixties, cucumber grower, Jan Koppert, just like other growers experienced a great deal of setbacks with pests in his crop. Together with his son, Peter, he set out to find a natural solution to protect his crop and experimented with the deployment of predatory mites against a spider mite infestation. It proved to be a successful solution and formed the foundation for Koppert Biological Systems.
In the 50 years that followed, the family company led by Peter, his brother Paul, and cousin Henri Oosthoek, grew to become the global market leader in biological crop protection for protected crops.
The company continues to grow each year. Besides providing more than 40 different natural enemies to combat harmful insects, Koppert also supplies microbiological solutions and bumblebees for the sustainable production of agricultural and horticultural crops.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"
- 2022-06-27 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-27 Genetia BioSciences receives Swiss delegation on stimulation Czech-Swiss cooperation
- 2022-06-27 aspara by Growgreen celebrates summer and fourth of July with indoor gardening promotion
- 2022-06-27 From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- 2022-06-24 Floréac awarded the Trophée d’Or 2022 by JardinPlus for the third time in a row
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media