Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
NL: FleuraMetz to partner up with Takii and Van Gogh Museum in spreading fame Sunrich
‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’ partners
The goal is to promote the sunflowers and the Van Gogh Museum so that it is top of mind for European customers, and this is made possible by the various partners who stock the brand. Takii Europe B.V. is the breeder of these high quality Sunrich sunflowers, and the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam receives more than two million visitors each year, with 80% of these coming from overseas. A new addition is the main partner FleuraMetz, who are a perfect fit with the objectives of the label and have many contacts within the European florist market. “When a well-known thing such as a sunflower is enhanced by a beautiful story and lovely packaging, this helps the florist to distinguish itself” says Nancy van Kleef, marketing, new business & innovation at FleuraMetz, about the collaboration and the win-win situation for all parties involved. This is what makes ‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’ such a unique overall concept. We can give the customer the story, along with the packaging and accompanying POS material. This season, European wholesalers and florists can offer ‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’, via selected distribution channels. In addition to the main partner FleuraMetz, this initiative is also supported by flower wholesaler Bab Star in the Netherlands and Hamifleurs in Italy.
The Sunrich sunflower masterpiece
Sunrich sunflowers have thick stems and big sunflower heads that guarantee a long-lasting shelf life. The range with the quality label consists of ‘Sunrich Orange’ which is available at all times. It has a long vase life, is of premium quality and flowers with no pollen. Surprising varieties, such as ‘Limoncello’, ‘Provence’ and the double-flowered ‘Sun King’ compliment the regular ‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’ range.
Unlike last year, this season the fresh flowers are being sold in ‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’ gift paper. The luxury gift box featuring a design from Van Gogh’s work, and which can be converted into a vase, is still in circulation.
FlowerTrials and promotional activities
The sunflowers and the ‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’ quality label are promoted in a variety of ways. The sunflower label was exhibited by the breeder Takii at the FlowerTrials from 13-16 July, including the packaging and the communication tools produced for promotional purposes. A second promotional event for ‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’ took place on 21 June, at the start of the summer on the Museumplein in Amsterdam. The month of July was characterized by the sunflower and these flower had secured their place on the Flower Agenda of the Flower Council of Holland.
About ‘Sunrich - Van Gogh’s Favorite’
Takii Seed is the trade name for all varieties of flowers and vegetable seeds developed for the professional market. Takii Europe B.V. is the European branch of Takii & Company Ltd in Japan. Takii Europe B.V. is an integrated seed company that deals in the breeding, production, processing, sales and marketing of a wide range of flower and vegetable varieties. Takii, in collaboration with the Van Gogh Museum created the ‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’ quality label. Sunflowers which carry this label are of the highest quality, and each one is a ‘masterpiece’ from the very best Dutch growers. ‘Sunrich – Van Gogh’s Favorite’-sunflowers are exclusively available at high-end florists in Europe. More information can be found on www.sunrichvangogh.flowers.
Source: Pull Position
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market
- 2023-05-23 Kenya Flower Council inks MoU with Safal Group
- 2023-05-23 Iowa State University Supplier of the Year Award for horticultural suppliers
- 2023-05-22 NL: SO Natural's orchid greenhouse on sale
- 2023-05-19 gems group and World Class Flowers become one
- 2023-05-19 CAN: Sheridan Nurseries celebrates 110 years