- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Lady Mata Hari named best novelty at Plantarium
"The Hydrangea Macrophylla range is so large that it is very hard to come up with something new," according to the jury. "The unique thing about this plant is the different phases of the separate flowers; dark coloured and lighter flowers in one head. Moreover, the plants are sturdy and compact, have strong flowers and can easily be 'blued'. The plant is versatile and has a good presentation."
Three gold awards
In addition to the best novelty, two other plants were awarded gold by the jury. Clematis 'Zo09113' (Pernille), submitted by Clematiskwekerij J. van Zoest from Boskoop, and Diervilla splendens 'El Madrigal' (Diva), submitted by Van Vliet New Plants from Stroe, were awarded a gold medal. The jury also awarded seven silver and fourteen bronze medals.
69 plants judged
At the 35th edition of Plantarium, 97 plants were submitted for the novelty showcase. Ultimately, 69 of these were judged. According to the jury this is a good number. Unfortunately, a number of participants were forced to withdraw their entries due to unforeseen circumstances. The judging of the novelties is done by a professional judging committee from the Koninklijke Vereniging voor Boskoopse Culturen (The Royal Society for Boskoop Cultures).
After the trade fair, the best Plantarium novelty gets a place in the Harry van de Laar assortment garden in Boskoop. The Best Novelties of the past years have been planted in a dedicated Plantarium border. The plants here can count on a lot of attention from the public. Besides this, it can be observed how the plant performs in terms of ornamental and practical value when planted in the garden. The best novelty will also be exhibited at the trade fair GrootGroenPlus in Zundert from 4 to 8 October and at the Italian event Orticolario, which will take place in the Villa Erba Park near Lake Como from 29 September until 1 October.
More prizes were awarded at the trade show: F.N. Kempen BV and Duif International won the award for best stands at the show, and a panel of international journalists handed out the Press Award to FleuraTerrazza concept and Cercis canadensis 'The Rising Sun'.
The 35th edition of Plantarium will be held from 23 to 26 August 2017 in the Plantarium building at the International Trade Centre Boskoop-Hazerswoude. Further information can be found on www.plantarium.nl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- 2023-06-02 Meet Sira: White Santini with a bright green centre
- 2023-05-24 “New ways of utilising herbs in the garden”
- 2023-05-23 UK: Agapanthus 'Black Jack' Plant of the Year at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-19 "It adds a unique tropical flair to the garden or landscape"
- 2023-05-04 "Bi-colored Supertunias have been increasingly popular with North American gardeners"
- 2023-04-28 Stage 3 tissue culture, "Easier than you think"
- 2023-03-22 "Perfect for producers looking for something special"
- 2023-03-17 "May the White Force bloom with you"
- 2022-12-16 "This multi-tasking new Bergenia is a star"
- 2022-12-06 "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- 2022-11-21 Snapdragon “DoubleShot Orange Bicolor F1” wins ASS Award
- 2022-10-03 Major instruction project Alaska botanical garden
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"