- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
UK: NFU buys FEC Energy
Currently FEC Energy provides help to farmers to buy and sell energy, generate heat and electricity, use energy more efficiently and reduce the compliance burden of energy regulation.
NFU Director General Terry Jones and FEC Energy Managing Director Chris Plackett
NFU Director General Terry Jones said: “I am very pleased that we have been able to complete this acquisition and combine the unique strengths of our two businesses. FEC Energy will unite its wealth of engineering and energy market expertise with the NFU’s powerful membership, regional and local network and marketing know-how. Culturally the two organisations are a great fit; both value knowledge and expertise, understand the needs of farming businesses and are committed to the continued success of the sector.
“The acquisition is an important part of the NFU’s new vision and strategy to deliver for members. In addition to receiving an improved energy service the move will broaden and deepen the capabilities of the NFU enabling it to provide new services and products for farmers and growers. The purchase will also create a new substantial income stream which can be used to support the organisation’s core work, benefitting our membership as a whole.”
FEC Energy MD Chris Plackett said: “This is a great opportunity for both the NFU and FEC and we are delighted to be joining the NFU team. Being part of the NFU will massively increase our commercial exposure with members and utilising the organisation’s significant buying power will enable us to strike even better deals with suppliers as well as set up new and mutual beneficial trading relationships between the energy and agricultural sectors.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-09-03 More than one million electric cars in Europe
- 2018-08-31 NL: 2800 solar panels on the Havecon roof
- 2018-08-30 Climeworks raises USD 30.8 million to commercialize CO2 removal tech
- 2018-08-29 High expectations of glass-glass panels and energy storage systems
- 2018-08-28 "Use of CHP for biomass and green gas mainly at high lighting levels and CO2 requirement"
- 2018-08-27 "Renewable energy needs implementation plan to back up announcements"
- 2018-08-24 Huisman Geo established to focus on geothermal energy market
- 2018-08-23 UK: Ofgem audits - The day of the audit
- 2018-08-22 Video: Enriva delivers waste to energy project for glasshouse
- 2018-08-21 Solar-powered greenhouse production
- 2018-08-20 The Energy-Humidity Connection
- 2018-08-17 UK: Is the rising energy market ever coming back down?
- 2018-08-16 Irish growers to take advantage of energy to boost profits
- 2018-08-15 "Ten percent higher light incidence in greenhouse"
- 2018-08-14 US (MN): High school builds 'energy classroom' greenhouse
- 2018-08-13 UK: Ebtech Group celebrates 10 years
- 2018-08-10 UK: GrowSave expands into soft fruit sector
- 2018-08-09 US (AZ): Western Growers opposes renewable energy initiative
- 2018-08-08 UK: Life after the feed-in tariff
- 2018-08-07 Five advantages of energy curtains