- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Certified American Grown Flowers selects Where Food Comes From as official third-party certifier
The new partnership will be launched via video conference on September 14, introducing the team at WFCF and highlighting program improvements as well as the new benefits of the Certified program going forward.
WFCF is an agriculture-focused certification company that specializes in origin claims for food and products. Based in Castle Rock, Colorado, WFCF has over 20 years of experience with source verification programs and is recognized as the No. 1 provider of certification and verification services to the food industry.
“WFCF’s depth of experience, paired with a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for the great potential they see in further developing Certified American Grown, will really help take our program to another level,” said Kasey Cronquist, administrator for Certified American Grown.
Certified American Grown is the largest consumer-facing brand in the floral industry, communicating the importance of origin and buying American Grown Flowers.
With WFCF in place, Certified American Grown has created a new online audit processing system that streamlines the procedure for farms seeking to earn this valuable certification for marketing and increasing sales.
Earning certification as an American Grown flower farm not only communicates the homegrown origin of a farm’s flowers and foliage, it also helps consumers quickly make purchasing decisions based on their understanding of quality, sustainability, seasonality, freshness and consistency.
Millions of stems of flowers are now Certified American Grown every year to help consumers quickly identify homegrown blooms at point of purchase.
The American Grown Flowers brand symbolizes a unified and diverse coalition of U.S. flower farms representing small and large entities across the country. Together, the brand and its logo give consumers confidence in the homegrown source of their flowers and assure them that the bouquets and bunches they purchase come from an American flower-farming family.
“The Certified American Grown national marketing program really does help drive our sales,” explains Rita Jo Shoultz, owner of Alaska Perfect Peonies. “It’s the only guarantee in the floral industry and our customers tell us they are seeing sales increase in their stores with the Certified American Grown logos.”
“We couldn’t be more excited to be selected as the exclusive certification company for Certified American Grown,” shared Leann Saunders, co-founder and COO of Where Food Comes From. “We see great potential for this program. Combined with our certification experience within the agricultural industry, we’re excited to see this program grow for America’s flower farmers.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 AgriForce forms joint venture with Swiss firm to help with in-progress acquisitions
- 2023-06-08 Italy: Alessandro Michelucci is the new president of Italian Nursery-people association
- 2023-06-08 Interflora celebrates 100th anniversary
- 2023-06-08 CAN: CosMic Plants orchid grower receives MPS-ABC certificate
- 2023-06-08 US: SAF adds breeder category to outstanding varieties competition
- 2023-06-07 “We make both high light transmission and insulation available”
- 2023-06-07 NL: Hem Genetics celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-06-07 Ramón Melón joins IUNU as Head Grower
- 2023-06-07 Buyers sought for UK hydroponic salad grower
- 2023-06-06 Tal Netzer appointed as CEO of DryGair
- 2023-06-06 Floranow acquires flower wholesaler Bloomax
- 2023-06-06 UK firm acquires full stake in Bigot Flower Kenya
- 2023-06-05 "Sustainability is also about extending the life of greenhouses"
- 2023-06-05 Swiss biological agricultural product manufacturer sets up office in Kenya
- 2023-06-02 Captain and Könst calla assortment presented during Captain Calla Days
- 2023-06-02 Delphy Group remains independent
- 2023-06-02 FloraLife unveils new brand identity
- 2023-06-02 Kenya: Marcoz Holdings gets approval for acquisition of Phima Flowers
- 2023-06-02 New guardian monitor Wi-Fi launched
- 2023-06-01 Picalla scratch campaign puts buyers in the spotlight