- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
Emirates SkyCargo says it with flowers
Shanghai is one of Emirates SkyCargo’s scheduled freighter destinations and the air cargo carrier connects businesses and cargo from Shanghai to the rest of the world through a network that spans over 155 destinations in 84 countries. Emirates SkyCargo operates a daily freighter service to Shanghai and also offers customers freight capacity on its twice a day passenger flights from the city. Some of the major commodities exported by Emirates SkyCargo from Shanghai include branded electronic goods, fashion garments, pharmaceuticals and telecommunication equipment.
The rose decal on A6-EFL was originally unveiled in Dubai on the occasion of Valentine’s Day in February this year in order to highlight the role of Emirates SkyCargo in the global floriculture industry. Since then, the aircraft has flown around the world to close to 50 destinations across six continents and has made special visits including arriving in Barcelona on the Catalan ‘Day of the Rose’. In six months the aircraft has flown over 400 flights and has carried over 20,000 tonnes of cargo including flowers and other perishables, pharmaceuticals, horses, cars and general cargo.
Back in Dubai, Rosie also featured prominently in an initiative organised by Emirates SkyCargo to mark the South Indian festival of Onam. The festival is celebrated by those living in the state of Kerala as well as by over a million Keralites living in the Middle East region.
Every year, Emirates SkyCargo transports significant volumes of perishables including bananas and banana leaves from Kerala to the Middle East during the run up to Onam. The fruits and vegetables are used to prepare the traditional festive banquet called the ‘Onam Sadhya’. Flowers brought in from India are also used in traditional ‘Onam Pookalams’ which are intricate and colourful floral arrangements and form an integral part of Onam festivities. A special ‘Onam Pookalam’ was put together by staff at Emirates SkyCargo to underline how the air cargo carrier helps bring a taste of home to expatriates in the region.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-07 Canadian Pacific Kansas City adds 1,000 new reefer containers for US-Mexico services
- 2023-06-07 Star Alliance names Theo Panagiotoulias as new CEO
- 2023-06-07 Kuehne+Nagel acquires Morgan Cargo
- 2023-06-05 Air cargo demand decline slows in April
- 2023-06-05 "SeaProof Chrysanthemum retains quality after four weeks of shipping by sea"
- 2023-06-02 "Cargolite is more than just another carton. It’s a new packaging concept"
- 2023-06-01 LATAM Cargo, Kuehne+Nagel, and Elite Flower invest in sustainable fuel
- 2023-06-01 Kenya: Big shift in moving horticulture exports from air to sea freight
- 2023-05-31 Port of Los Angeles handled 688,000 TEUs in April
- 2023-05-31 WFS to boost logistics infrastructure at BLR as perishables trade grows
- 2023-05-25 'Generally stable waiting times for ports in North and Latin America anticipated'
- 2023-05-24 Chrysal expands its services for sea freight of flowers
- 2023-05-23 LATAM Cargo, Kuehne+Nagel and Elite Flower invest in sustainable aviation fuel
- 2023-05-22 Avianca Cargo breaks record in flower transport
- 2023-05-19 LATAM Cargo closes Mother's Day by transporting close to 20.000 tons of flowers during the season
- 2023-05-19 US (NY): Customs at JFK discover live larvae among plastic flowers
- 2023-05-17 Application of antiperspirants to improve the condition of ornamental plants in refrigerated longdistance transport
- 2023-05-17 NL: Flowers won't grow at Schiphol airport as it focuses on cargo quality not quantity
- 2023-05-12 Flowers arriving at Miami International Airport to meet demand for Mother's Day
- 2023-05-12 US (FL): "30% more flower shipments received for Mother's Day 2023"