- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
High expectations for cut flowers and tropical plants
Vivid atmosphere at Flower Expo Poland
This three day exhibition is held for the second time and attracts many Polish florists. According to the exhibitors, the majority of the flowers that are being bought by the end consumer are bought in florist shops. Many florists find their way to the show and the flower demonstrations are full packed.
The number of this year's exhibitors decreased a bit compared to last year, but similar amount of meters have been sold, explains organizer Francine van Wijk of BureauSierteelt. There are several reasons for the decrease in exhibitors: some Colombian growers are not attending because they have their own show in Bogota in October and there are some growers who do not noticed any direct results of their participation. However, on the other hand, some new companies joined. The composition is different but not less diverse."
And diversity is clearly visible on the exhibition floor. All flower producing countries are represented. A companies from Kenya, Italy, Poland, Germany, Netherlands and Colombia. Compared to last year, there are Dutch companies exhibiting.
The exhibition is held for the second year and is therefore expected to take shape and grow in the coming years. The exhibitors of this edition are enthusiastic, are having a very good first day and already have high expectations for the next edition(s).
Our editorial team of FloralDaily is also visiting the show to make a full photo report of it. This photo report will be published on Monday September 3.
For more information:
Francine van Wijk:
T: +31-(0) 6- 533 555 49
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-02 Over 200 visitors welcomed during Open House Interplant Roses
- 2023-06-02 UK: ‘Heroines of Horticulture’ lauded at Chelsea show
- 2023-06-02 UK: Exbury Gardens to display RHS Chelsea Flower Show award-winning garden
- 2023-06-02 US: Flowers for all 300,000 graves at Arlington National Cemetery
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village