Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
November 8-10, Vijfhuizen (NL)
Counting down to the International Floriculture Trade Fair
With the recent extension of the venue where IFTF is being held, available exhibit space has been enlarged from 12,000 m² to 22,000 m².
Florists, a new visitors group
IFTF strives to show the total chain of the fresh flowers & plants industry and therefore has added florists into its visitors promotion campaign since 2015. In close cooperation with Green Team Consultancy+, the World of Flowers has grown out to a significant part of the show. With this the floriculture chain has been completed, starting with the breeder and ending at the points of sale.
Wim Hazelaar Trophy
The competition will be organised for the second time in November at the International Floriculture and Horticulture Trade Fair in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands. 12 participants will compete for two days (8 and 9 November 2017) for the Trophy. This Trophy is a Mobach vase, which the late Wim Hazelaar loved to use.
Wim Hazelaar (1943-2016) was the only Dutch Floral World Champion. Next to this he was more than once Dutch Champion. Ruud Hazelaar is organising the Wim Hazelaar Trophy as a tribute to his uncle. Wim was strong in working with available materials only, which tempted his creativity. This is one of the main features in this competition. The participant is challenged to work with the materials given to him. With these materials 7 assignments are given and the participant does not know these assignments in advance. Products already used are no longer available later, but the participant must follow the description as closely as possible. This requires inventiveness and creativity.
Registration for the competition can still be done till the 15th of August. Send your resume and five pictures of recent work to Ruud Hazelaar. In the beginning of September the participants will be announced.
Also, companies can be part of this competition. This can be done by sponsoring an assignment of a participant. Both can still be done.
This year, Smithers Oasis Floral Products is the main sponsor again. Further sponsors are Vreeken Bouvardia, Marginpar, Decofresh Roses, van der Lugt Lisianthus, Anthura, Royal van Zanten, Lechuza, Mystery Lady, Lehner Wolle, Andromeda, Mobach en IFTF.
If you are interested, please contact Monique Peters.
World of Flowers
Ever since the second edition of the World of Flowers, Smithers-Oasis (OASIS Floral- and Floralife products) has been involved with the contents and development of this international florist event at the International Floriculture and Horticulture Trade fair (IFTF) in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands. Now Smithers-Oasis has decided again to be one of the main sponsors.
“The World of Flowers wants to inspire and inform the international florist with the latest trends and developments”, says Chris Martens, director of Smithers-Oasis Benelux, “And we want the same. We want the florist to get in touch with the latest trends in among others craftsmanship, digitalisation and sustainability. Daily business at Smithers-Oasis”.
Within the World of Flowers 2017 these trends and developments are shown in the World of Trends. Next to this an interactive program around trends like fragrance, colour and digitalisation will be organised. Companies like Smithers-Oasis (OASIS Floral- & Floralife Products) show their latest services, which can help the florists in their businesses.
“As Smithers-Oasis we like to show our activities to all visiting florists and want to be in conversation to find out what challenges the present-day business present to the florist”, says Chris, “And this year the second edition of the Wim Hazelaar Trophy is organised. 12 floral arrangers are competing and can show their level of craftsmanship to the visitors. I strongly believe craftsmanship will make the difference for a florist in her business. Therefore, we are very happy to be part of the World of Flowers again!”
The fourth edition of the World of Flowers takes place from the 8th until the 10th of November 2017 during the IFTF in Vijfhuizen and is organised by Green Team Consultancy+.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention