- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Bloomia USA drafts Sustainability Manifesto
"We believe sustainability is about doing everything with the highest quality, for the best purpose. It’s why we grow our flowers in the United States and other locations near our buyers. We eliminate the need to burn thousands of gallons of fossil fuels to import flowers. We eliminate tons of wasteful packaging used in overseas shipments. And our biological control systems virtually eliminate the use of chemicals, pesticides and insecticides on the flowers you take home. Our goal is to create “better” options that are widely available, good-looking and affordable.
"Being one of the largest flower growers in the USA, we accept sustainability as part of our daily commitment to improving our processes, products and people. We use our scale to challenge the status quo by showing better ways of working within and for our different communities. Keeping our facilities local we improve the livelihood of nearby, typically rural communities while lowering our ecological impact.
"We also believe that growing and selling flowers carries a great responsibility. You trust our flowers to deliver some of life’s most important messages. We want you to carry those messages with pride. That’s why we’re transparent about our efforts and drive to be sustainable."
To highlight their successes and actions, Bloomia have released their first-ever Sustainability Manifesto.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 Floréac awarded the Trophée d’Or 2022 by JardinPlus for the third time in a row
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media
- 2022-06-24 Roses Forever's garden roses scoop prizes
- 2022-06-23 The Helix Australia waxflower season has commenced
- 2022-06-23 Netherlands: Government's nitrogen plans are talk of the town
- 2022-06-23 Biotalys and Novozymes enter into partnership
- 2022-06-23 FM Group and Hilverda De Boer to merge
- 2022-06-23 First plants get a spot in new greenhouse of Forever Plants Group
- 2022-06-23 Freefield Flower Farm: Bouquets grown in north-east UK
- 2022-06-22 Takii renews partnership with Van Gogh Museum
- 2022-06-22 Joint project to bring pro installers into Mexican horticulture
- 2022-06-22 Chenier’s greenhouse expands into Dickinson County
- 2022-06-22 Kenya: Solai Roses expands to 40 ha
- 2022-06-22 Fibredust's Anar facility in India expands
- 2022-06-22 US (OH): "The first week, we sent almost 900 boxes of flowers"
- 2022-06-22 AU: New smart technology and remote sensing survey
- 2022-06-22 USDA announces assistance for on-farm food safety expenses for specialty crop growers
- 2022-06-22 Biological fertilizer scale-up Neutrog Australia set to bloom after $3m equity crowdfunding raise
- 2022-06-22 GrowGeneration announces Jackson, Mississippi store opening
- 2022-06-22 Budding geniuses to gather at the Slow Flowers Summit