- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
C. Raker & Sons acquired by Roberta’s Unique Gardens
Roberta’s grows and sells leading edge finished perennials and annuals that are suitable for garden and home through on-line and televised shopping channels. Raker is a leading national producer and wholesaler of young plants. Roberta’s has been a customer of Raker’s since 2011.
According to Eric Wallien, CEO of Roberta’s, “We’ve always had a great working relationship with the Raker team, and this opportunity was one that we felt was in the best interest of both parties.” The agreement enables Raker to enter the 2018 growing season with a healthy, restructured balance sheet, and renewed overall energy from its young and talented management team. Adds Wallien, “For our business at Roberta’s, we’re partnering with one of our main suppliers and gaining a great foothold in the young plant sector. We couldn’t be more excited.”
Susie Raker-Zimmerman, General Manager at Rakers added, “Eric and the Roberta’s team have been a growing part of our business over the years and the timing was right. The cultural fit is great, and our team is thrilled about this new partnership.”
For more information
Roberta’s Unique Gardens
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022