Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
France to vote against glyphosate license renewal
“France will vote against the reauthorization of glyphosate due to the doubts that remain about its dangerousness,” a ministry official said.
The European Commission, the EU executive, has proposed extending approval for glyphosate by 10 years after the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) said in a study in March it should not be classified as a cancer-causing substance.
A vote on whether to renew the license is due on Oct. 4, the French official said. A qualified majority of member states is needed for the renewal to go ahead.
Read more at Reuters
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 US: CBP agriculture specialists intercept first in the nation pest at Laredo Port of Entry
- 2023-05-25 How to deal with Botrytis and keep it at bay
- 2023-05-25 Strategies for effective mealybug management in greenhouses
- 2023-05-24 Research on the isolation and identification of black spot disease of Rosa chinensis in Kunming, China
- 2023-05-23 Combatting invasive species through action
- 2023-05-18 UK: Defra announces plant health research and development plan
- 2023-05-18 New generation Mycotal released
- 2023-05-17 Invasive pests in Maryland attacking native plants
- 2023-05-17 US (CA): Dept of Pesticide Regulation awards $3,15M in research grants
- 2023-05-16 Easement of the attachment of UK Plant Passports in EU Member States extended for 24 months
- 2023-05-16 US: Downy mildew observed on a greenhouse in Massachusetts
- 2023-05-15 Ultrafiltration highly suitable for removal of nematodes and tomato virus
- 2023-05-11 Micro roses may be the answer to solving deadly disease of the florist favorite
- 2023-05-05 Biobest signs letter to acquire BioWorks
- 2023-05-01 Absence of Xylella fastidiosa in Jordan
- 2023-04-25 Biocontrols against powdery mildew in gerberas
- 2023-04-25 CAN: Rycar insecticide registered for ornamental use
- 2023-04-20 Hawaiʻi Floriculture and Nursery Association releases educational video
- 2023-04-19 US (MA): Botrytis detected on geranium leaves submitted to UMass lab
- 2023-04-19 “A broad spectrum bioinsecticide for sustainable pest management”