Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
UK: New President for the HTA
Adam takes on the role from Adam Wigglesworth of Aylett Nurseries who has completed his two-year term of office to become the Immediate Past President. In other appointments Sandy Shepherd from Ball Colegrave was re-elected to the Board and Simon Fraser from Ben Reid and Co was elected as a new Board member. Stan Green from Growforth Ltd stood down from the Board, after serving since 2007.
Adam Wigglesworth took the opportunity to say what an honour it had been to serve HTA members and thanked the Board, Council, HTA staff and fellow Directors at Aylett Nurseries, for their support during his presidency.
Members from across the sector attending the AGM received the finance reports and annual review and re-appointed BDO as auditors. Dougal Philip provided an update from the HTA Benevolent Fund and encouraged all to help raise awareness of this resource which is available to HTA members and their staff.
HTA subscription rates are not increasing in 2018 in the light of other challenges for the industry such as uncertainty around Brexit, exchange rates and increasing prices.
The minutes of the AGM will be available to members on the HTA website in the near future.
For more information
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 NZ: New people join HortNZ Board
- 2023-05-31 Stuppy celebrates 150th anniversary
- 2023-05-31 Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market
- 2023-05-23 Kenya Flower Council inks MoU with Safal Group
- 2023-05-23 Iowa State University Supplier of the Year Award for horticultural suppliers