- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
US: Importation of Korean Orchids into US APHIS approved
The systems approach is a series of overlapping measures taken by growers, packers, and shippers that, in combination, minimize pest risks prior to importation into the United States. In this case, the systems approach requires the use of specific types of growing media, a written agreement between APHIS and the national plant protection organization of the Republic of Korea (NPPO), as well as the NPPO and the grower detailing growing conditions, and specifications for sources of the seeds or parent plants used to produce the orchids. In addition, the plants must be inspected in the greenhouse and found free of plant pests and diseases no more than 30 days before they are exported to the United States. Each shipment must also be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate verifying these conditions have been met.
In August 2016, APHIS published a proposed rule to amend its regulations to allow the importation of orchid plants of the genera Phalaenopsis and Cymbidium in growing media from the Republic of Korea into the United States provided that the plants are produced in accordance with a systems approach. The final rule will publish in the Federal Register on September 14, 2017, and will become effective 30 days after publication, or on October 16, 2017.
source: USDA APHIS
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 Launch of PlantwisePlus in Bangladesh to help increase climate-smart approach to plant health and food security
- 2023-09-26 US: Association of Floral Importers of Florida works towards GSP renewal
- 2023-09-26 Dubai pilot export project: 36 orchid producers seal orders worth RM83.9m
- 2023-09-26 Mayesh director of marketing discusses introducing new products into the market
- 2023-09-25 Malaysia: Growers hope for government incentives amidst challenging times
- 2023-09-22 Auctioneer visits Kenya
- 2023-09-22 "For florist, fresh guarantee is key"
- 2023-09-22 "Successfully starting your own business is not something you do alone"
- 2023-09-22 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-21 "2023, a year of shifts"
- 2023-09-21 Prinsjesdag budget: Cabinet comes to take money from horticulture
- 2023-09-21 Glastuinbouw Nederland after Prinsjesdag Budget: New measures mark the end for many growers
- 2023-09-21 Climate plans calculated, CO2 tax still to come
- 2023-09-21 "Digitalization is needed to get so much trade right"
- 2023-09-21 NL: Subsidies for energy transition, but it's a quid pro quo
- 2023-09-21 UK "Footfall is strong but spending is down as the Autumn gardening season begins"
- 2023-09-21 Why is Crayola Crayons getting into the flower biz?
- 2023-09-20 Tuinbranche Nederland presents 2024 garden trends
- 2023-09-20 2023 fall trends in the horticultural industry
- 2023-09-19 UK: HTA and RHS collaborate to support growers transition to peat-free