- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: SAF leaders express gratitude to longtime CEO
"Few people spend their entire for just one cause," said former SAF Chairman Shirley Lyons, AAF, PFCI, of Dandelion's Flowers & Gifts in Eugene, Oregon, during a taped address to Moran, who joined SAF in 1985 and became the group's executive vice president and CEO in 1991. "You've guided SAF and this industry through tumultuous times. Under your leadership, we've always been on course to bloom and grow."
SAF volunteer leaders, including other former chairmen and presidents, joined Lyons in wishing Moran well in his retirement, recounting moments of shared collaboration, tough challenges and lasting friendship.
Red Kennicott, AAF, of Kennicott Brothers Wholesale in Chicago recounted giving Moran his first tour of a wholesale florist, at the start of Moran's SAF career, and credited Moran for creating a "marvelous and unique" culture at SAF.
Kennicott also expressed deep admiration for Moran's biannual — and highly anticipated — State of the Industry addresses at SAF conventions. Those presentations helped industry members contextualize economic and social trends at the local, national and global level.
"But most of all, we'll miss you," Kennicott said.
Skip Paal, AAF, of Rutland Beard Floral Group, headquartered outside of Baltimore, Maryland, called Moran "a great leader and industry ambassador"— someone who encouraged all segments of the industry to participate in SAF.
"Under your leadership SAF has reinforced the need within our industry to balance artistry with advocacy," Paal added, calling Moran a "friend to many and a resident expert on nearly everything."
Charles F. Kremp III, AAF, of Kremp Flowers in Philadelphia, echoed many leaders when he talked about Moran's steady leadership and ability to help create a vision, and a concrete plan, during even trying times.
"It's been said that our lives are the sum total of our experiences," Kremp noted. "It's the same with an organization like SAF." Throughout his tenure, Moran, Kremp explained, has been able to encourage achievements among each new set of volunteer SAF leaders, creating a bigger picture, and a stronger organization.
Kate Penn, currently chief content officer and editor-in-chief of SAF's flagship publication, Floral Management, will assume the role of CEO effective November 1, after which Moran will help work through the transition through the end of the year.
More about Moran's career and watch the video tribute.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"
- 2022-06-27 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-27 Genetia BioSciences receives Swiss delegation on stimulation Czech-Swiss cooperation
- 2022-06-27 From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- 2022-06-27 aspara by Growgreen celebrates summer and fourth of July with indoor gardening promotion
- 2022-06-24 Floréac awarded the Trophée d’Or 2022 by JardinPlus for the third time in a row
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media
- 2022-06-24 Roses Forever's garden roses scoop prizes
- 2022-06-23 Netherlands: Government's nitrogen plans are talk of the town
- 2022-06-23 Biotalys and Novozymes enter into partnership
- 2022-06-23 FM Group and Hilverda De Boer to merge
- 2022-06-23 First plants get a spot in new greenhouse of Forever Plants Group