Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Australian Flower Festival draws 250 industry members
Departing from more traditional industry conference formats, the organisers of the Flower Festival cultivated a fresh ‘music festival’ atmosphere to capture the fun of floristry whilst also providing essential information to help attendees manage and grow their businesses.
“This event is the first of its kind and from the feedback we’ve received that it’s something the Australia floristry sector has been crying out for”, said organiser Shane Holborn, Executive Officer of the Flower Association.
“It was a fantastic opportunity for florists to connect with each other, as well as with the growers and allied traders whose products and services they depend on every day“.
The event attracted nearly 250 industry members and featured Business and Tech ‘Stages’ which were only open to registered industry members featuring presentations on issues affecting Australian florists’ livelihoods and futures, including business management and new business technologies. The Inspiration and Competition ‘Stages’ featured live-action flower arranging and were also open to the public as a promotional initiative for the industry.
For more information:
Flower Association of Queensland
P.O. Box 327, Cleveland Qld 4163 Australia
T: +61 7 3821 3350
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention