- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs
- US (OH): Ready for Cultivate'22?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Royal FloraHolland boosts German market through collaboration with BGI
The Fördermitglied position means that we will work with our partners to strengthen the German market. This fits seamlessly in with other Royal FloraHolland partnerships around the world to promote the floriculture sector.
Germany is the most important market for Royal FloraHolland's growers. BGI is a non-profit organisation and represents the interests of players in floriculture on the German market. Its goal is to enable the floriculture sector to operate optimally in Germany.
Boosting the German market
The German market needs a boost. The share of wallet is decreasing, consumer spending has not risen in years, young consumers are lagging behind and there is also no growth in Royal FloraHolland's export position there, despite it increasing in other countries. One important direction for BGI is stimulating consumer spending. The general interests that BGI promotes also fits the neutral character of Royal FloraHolland well.
Royal FloraHolland will not put its own efforts into boosting the German market. "We will maintain our position, and that means that in our role as neutral growers and traders on the market, we will provide the best support we can," explains Lucas Vos, CEO of Royal FloraHolland. "Our joint interest is a healthy German market and we will work with other entities who share this goal."
Royal FloraHolland has already entered into various partnerships across the world to brainstorm and to work on a wide range of subjects related to our role as marketplace. A few examples are Florint, the 'International Florist Organisation' and the 'Floriculture Sustainability Initiative' which promotes sustainability in the sector. In the Netherlands, Royal FloraHolland supports the VGB. Through the Fördermitgliedschaft at BGI, Royal FloraHolland will now collaborate to stimulate the market in Germany.
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"