Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
"Werner’s Big Data is a boon for Bloomia"
Werner loves his work. As Bloomia’s director of ICT, he is leading a massive digital transformation. He’ll be the first to tell you: “Most flower companies still rely on outdated approaches for a mass-market.” But Werner is using Big Data to bring Bloomia into the digital future. Together with his team, they brought on various systems to aggregate Bloomia’s data and make it easy for all the staff to see and analyze from sales forecasts and greenhouse temperatures to inventory levels and everything in between. As he says, “it helps us optimize growing conditions and harvesting cycles to quickly meet demand with the best flowers.” We love that it also helps us reduce waste and improve customer satisfaction.
In fact, Werner has worked on Bloomia’s digital transformation since he started. After implementing different software and platforms to manage the entire production flow, he custom-developed a bundle of mobile apps to easily input data from the work-floor and on the go. In Werner’s words, is to “keep track of our products and operations to grow and deliver longer-lasting flowers at competitive prices”.
Werner is also working with Bloomia’s marketing department in the development of “BloomiaTV”, a platform to broadcast company news and data to people working in all our facilities across four continents: "BloomiaTV helps us share news, educate and celebrate through visuals".
Werner firmly believes Bloomia’s own growth will continue because it critically looks at itself, supports constant renewal, and is agile. The formula works, he says, because we grow our own flowers cutting out the uncertain quality and challenging predictability of imports. He also sees Bloomia’s diverse, international workforce as a big advantage. “Each of us contributes in their own unique way to make Bloomia a success.”
When Werner isn’t working or traveling, he likes to play golf. He loves the challenge and that no two rounds are the same. Weather changes and the greens are cut with different patterns. “Not too different from growing flowers” he says.
Back at home, he uses floral arrangements to add a new dimension to his living room. His favorite flowers are Ranunculus. We’re not sure if he knows the name means “Little Frog,” but we guarantee he’s got the technology and skills to find out.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Chiltepec is a pioneer in the use of climate screens in Mexico"
- 2023-05-30 Australia: Building code adapted to better fit greenhouse building
- 2023-05-29 "More and more can be done electrically, including high-capacity crop shredding"
- 2023-05-29 "With our payment tracker, customers see the exact status of the foreign payment"
- 2023-05-26 “No ultrafiltration without customization”
- 2023-05-25 Kenya: “Demand for on-farm cooling solutions is increasing”
- 2023-05-23 Capital injection for Blue Radix powered by 400 growers
- 2023-05-22 "Designed to simplify growing and enhance operations"
- 2023-05-18 Evaluation of mud-based culture substrate on the regeneration of verbena cuttings
- 2023-05-17 Research project to explore 5G use in greenhouse industry
- 2023-05-17 UK: Horticultural Trades Association urges action on water management grants to increase resilience to droughts
- 2023-05-16 Almost time to propagate poinsettia mums
- 2023-05-16 Could growing crops under solar panels provide food and energy at the same time?
- 2023-05-10 Small microscope created that allows existing mobile phone cameras to turn into high-res microscopes
- 2023-05-10 "We introduce a single-use real-time carbon dioxide monitor"
- 2023-05-10 Automated production line and bio chamber in new premises Greenlux
- 2023-05-09 World first in Antwerp port area: drone network officially launched
- 2023-05-04 "Benefits of buying wholesale plant pots for your greenhouse & nursery"
- 2023-05-04 Double spray boom for both irrigation and crop protection
- 2023-05-03 Priva launches software-only solution for efficient labor registration