- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ecuador: Protests end after agreement, long-term consequences for economy
- Improvement of water quality is stagnating, what's the problem?
- Dümmen Orange shows full support for Flower Inspiration Days in Malaysia
- Colombian floriculture was awarded 2 gold medals at the AIPH 2022 International Grower of the Year Awards
- This New Zealand family has been breeding great roses since 1947
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
UK: Thompson & Morgan announces company changes
Paul Hansord has decided that the time has come for him to retire and enjoy more time with his growing family having recently become a grandfather for the first time.
Paul says: “Following the acquisition of the Thompson & Morgan group by BVG, I'm very confident that T&M is in safe hands for the future. BVG's investments and clear goals on customer service and quality, and the introduction of a new Horticultural team, means that T&M will positively embark on its next chapter. Like all businesses success relies on adaptation to the market and ever-changing customer expectations. I feel that the BVG and T&M Executive team understand what customers want and are prepared to invest time, energy and money into the future.
With this confidence in the leadership of T&Ms future, I feel I can make some personal changes by taking life a little easier and enjoying more family time. Therefore from 1st November 2017, I'll be reducing my workload to three days a week with the intent to retire from the business in the early summer of 2018.
I've been proud to have been involved with the success of T&M over the past 30 years, none of which would have been achieved without the dedication of all my colleagues past and present. It is with mixed emotions therefore that I make my decision but we all have to slow down sometime! I wish the BVG Group and all my colleagues the best in continuing to make T&M the market leader through innovation, quality and service.”
Paul isn’t the only one who has decided to start taking things more easy.
After many years with Thompson & Morgan Neil Sharpe, Head of Retail Sales, is also retiring. Christine Wilcock, who has been with the company for over 40 years also leaves to enjoy her retirement. As Neil’s right-hand woman Christine has also played a big role in the growth and success of the Retail channel.
The company also announces the appointment of Joseph Cordy as Head of B2B Sales and Jenny Palmer as Retail Sales Manager.
Joseph brings with him an extremely impressive sales background and an energy and enthusiasm that will hold him in good stead whilst he learns more about our industry, colleagues and customers. Joseph will be responsible for the Retail and Wholesale channels.
Jenny has a strong horticultural background and has been with the company for the last 3 years as one of the Buying team. Jenny will head up the sales team.
Together their brief is to continue to grow the Retail channel. Over the next few weeks Joseph and Jenny will be out on the road meeting the most important people at T&M, the customers.
As part of this growth strategy the company is looking to employ a Business Development Manager for the Retail team. Their brief will be to be on the road winning new business before handing these accounts over to our experienced sales managers. This should not only generate new business but also ensure that existing accounts get the very best service from their area sales manager as they will be solely focused on the existing customer base.
The Horticultural team, led by Paul Masters, are hard at work developing products that will bring something new to UK gardeners, as well as making sure the quality is the best in the market. Kris Collins will be joining the team as Quality Control Manager with the aim to further improve our already famous quality and service. Kris has worked within the industry for over 20 years and brings an acute eye for detail that will ensure nothing leaves without his stamp of approval.
For more information:
Thompson & Morgan
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-04 Looking back at Expo Flor Ecuador 2018 and forward to the 2022 edition
- 2022-07-04 The Foliascreen – "A brand new green wall partition and privacy screen"
- 2022-07-04 US: Expanding uses of edible flowers help fuel strong demand
- 2022-07-04 Brandt completes takeover of Wickham Flower
- 2022-07-04 Jan Doldersum celebrates 25 years at Rijk Zwaan
- 2022-07-04 Modiform 2022-2023 catalog: presentation and products
- 2022-07-04 Dümmen Orange shows full support for Flower Inspiration Days in Malaysia
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break