Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US: AMVAC Chemical Corporation acquires OHP
OHP is a supplier of chemical and biological pesticide solutions specifically packaged and labelled for the greenhouse and nursery production markets and sold through a network of distribution partners throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. OHP was founded in 1988 by Ronald Soldo and has dedicated itself to fulfilling the pest control needs of the production ornamental market. In its 30-year history, OHP has grown to hold a leading position in the greenhouse and nursery pest control market. “After so many years of involvement in this industry, I am confident that AMVAC represents an ideal owner to foster and grow the OHP business well into the future” says Ron Soldo, CEO of OHP, Inc.
OHP will continue to operate as it has in the past and there will be no changes to staff, products, customers or operations. AMVAC will operate the business as a wholly owned subsidiary under the name of OHP, Inc. Dan Stahl will continue on as General Manager reporting directly to Bob Trogele, AMVAC COO.
“We are very pleased to now be a part of AMVAC,” says Dan Stahl, GM of OHP. “The cultural fit, resources and business development approach of AMVAC will create tremendous opportunities for growth. I am truly excited to be a part of the AMVAC leadership team and look forward to continuing the future growth of the OHP business,” adds Stahl.
“We are extremely excited to have OHP be a part of AMVAC,” says AMVAC COO Bob Trogele. “The reputation and quality of the entire OHP team is remarkable. The entrepreneurial culture, business model and strategy are very similar to the way we operate at AMVAC so it is a great fit. They will continue to operate as they always have in providing a broad range of value-added products and service to commercial greenhouses and nurseries. The leading position OHP has built will be a great complement to our growing turf, ornamental and pest control business,” adds Trogele.
For more information:
P.O. Box 51230
Mainland, PA 19451
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Picalla scratch campaign puts buyers in the spotlight
- 2023-06-01 Kenya: Lima Labs makes debut at IFTEX
- 2023-05-31 NZ: New people join HortNZ Board
- 2023-05-31 Stuppy celebrates 150th anniversary
- 2023-05-31 Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market