- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
October 6, Watkinsville
US (GA): Horticulturalists host Ornamental Horticulture Research Field Day
This biennial showcase will cover a wide variety of topics, including pollinator protection, vegetable pest control and will even showcase new ornamental plant varieties. Gardeners and landscape professionals will also get a behind-the-scenes look at new plant varieties being developed by UGA researchers.
“Quite honestly, if you’re a plant geek of any kind, you are going to enjoy this field day,” said Matt Chappell, field day organizer, CAES associate professor of horticulture and greenhouse production specialist with UGA Cooperative Extension.
Registration for the field day, which is sponsored by the Georgia Green Industry Association, is free, but early registration is encouraged as attendance will be limited to 200 people. For more information, call 706-542-9044 or 706-542-2471.
Visit events.attend.com/f/1383781550 to register and see the full schedule.
For travelers, the Durham Horticulture Farm tour will provide a great launch pad for visiting UGA’s other gardening attractions: the State Botanical Garden of Georgia and the Trial Gardens.
On-site registration begins at 8:30 a.m., and tours start promptly at 9 a.m., rain or shine. In addition to the open house, a free, light lunch will be provided for participants at the tour’s end. The farm is located at 1221 Hog Mountain Road in Watkinsville, Georgia.
Source: University of Georgia (Merritt Melancon)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"