Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US: Copper Prince ornamental millet wins ‘Best Novelty Plant’ at CSU Trial
The Flower Trial Garden at Colorado State University announced its 2017 results to the industry, and Ornamental Millet Copper Prince was selected for “Best Novelty Plant.”
“This plant is an excellent selection for the senses and texture in a garden,” wrote CSU trial managers. “It had stout, large, fuzzy panicles of dark rose/bronze rising high above the plant. The arching foliage had wide blades and plants were very uniform with a unique caramel/copper color during the summer. This plant would create a very dramatic look in the landscape or in a large container.”
photo courtesy of Colorado State University
In operation since 1971, the CSU Flower Trial Garden evaluates the performance of different annual plant cultivars under its unique Rocky Mountain environmental conditions. CSU growing conditions are characterized by high altitude, intense solar radiation, drying winds, severe hailstorms, large fluctuations between day and night temperatures and a season-long need for irrigation.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-24 “New ways of utilising herbs in the garden”
- 2023-05-23 UK: Agapanthus 'Black Jack' Plant of the Year at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-19 "It adds a unique tropical flair to the garden or landscape"
- 2023-05-04 "Bi-colored Supertunias have been increasingly popular with North American gardeners"
- 2023-04-28 Stage 3 tissue culture, "Easier than you think"
- 2023-03-22 "Perfect for producers looking for something special"
- 2023-03-17 "May the White Force bloom with you"
- 2022-12-16 "This multi-tasking new Bergenia is a star"
- 2022-12-06 "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- 2022-11-21 Snapdragon “DoubleShot Orange Bicolor F1” wins ASS Award
- 2022-10-03 Major instruction project Alaska botanical garden
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"