Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Dutch Flower Group appoints CIO
On 1st January 2018, DFG will welcome Michel van Hout (50) as its Chief Information Officer (CIO). Michel has some 25 years’ experience working in the aviation sector, of which he spent 22 years at KLM and the most recent three years as VP of IT at Transavia (a division of KLM).
Van Hout: “I look forward to using my extensive IT experience in the international aviation logistics world to shape Dutch Flower Group’s IT transformation process.”
As of 1 January 2018, the DFG Executive Committee will consist of: Marco van Zijverden (CEO), Harry Brockhoff (CFO), Ruud Knorr (Director Plants), Boudewijn Rip (Director Retail), Marco Vermeulen (Director Wholesale & Sourcing), Marcel Zandvliet (Director Marketing) and Michel van Hout (CIO).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market
- 2023-05-23 Kenya Flower Council inks MoU with Safal Group
- 2023-05-23 Iowa State University Supplier of the Year Award for horticultural suppliers
- 2023-05-22 NL: SO Natural's orchid greenhouse on sale
- 2023-05-19 gems group and World Class Flowers become one
- 2023-05-19 CAN: Sheridan Nurseries celebrates 110 years