- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ecuador: Protests end after agreement, long-term consequences for economy
- Improvement of water quality is stagnating, what's the problem?
- Dümmen Orange shows full support for Flower Inspiration Days in Malaysia
- Colombian floriculture was awarded 2 gold medals at the AIPH 2022 International Grower of the Year Awards
- This New Zealand family has been breeding great roses since 1947
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
"Chinese flower fields industry still has far to go"
Mr. Wang Fachang, the President of China Flower Sea BBS, told us that qualified flower fields are estimated at less than 200. He said that the prosperity of the flower fields industry leaves without governmental support and insiders’ contributions. Domestically, only 10% of all flower fields could make a profit while few of them qualify for the planning and operation.
Nonetheless, a number of flower field owners regarded that, the low profit is greatly attributed to the immature operation and lack of characteristics, incomplete industry chain and other shortages. In 2015, there were only 5 flower fields to be constructed or built in Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture of Yunnan province while in this year, the figure goes up to 8, with an area of more than 4,000 acres. Among which 4 out of 8 projects are able to make profit.
Purple hydrangea flower field
Concerning profit making, Mr, Chen Fengxiang of JiuQuan City Lanxiang Gardening Seedlings denoted that a flower field is a product in a certain stage with a short lifespan. While to operate a floriculture base could be a great solution. It is much more possible to make a fortune at a floriculture base, regardless of the visitor flow.
Aesthetic fatigue is also a big headache for flower field operation. Secretary General of China Flower Sea BBS pointed out that the construction of flower field must underline the characteristics, differentiation and refinement. At the same time, the future trend of next 5 to 15 years also counts a lot.
When comes to the characteristics and differentiation, Mr. Tian Qi who is engaged in the head of Botanic Garden of Hengda Sea island said: “the exquisite gardening is fundamental while cultural construction is like the soul. To integrate the gardening landscape and flower field projects means a lot.
The General Manager of Haining ChiFan Flower Nursery and Founder of Hangzhou DiPu Flower Attraction, Mr. Shen Chifan said: “to ramp up the competitiveness and appealing of flower fields, it is very significant to create a flower fairyland and upgrade the scenic value by the ways of plants allocation, landscape richness and local culture integration.”
While General Manager Mr. Yu Xingwei held the opinion that ornamental grass plays an indispensable role in the construction of the ecological garden and gives play to the ecological remediation and protection on water pollution.
Meanwhile, investment of flower fields shall keep eyes on the resources and uniqueness of attractions.
Flower fields in Yunnan has matured a lot as the floral industry booms. In Kunming city, more than 8900 acres of edible rose farm are cultivated. Not only has the flower field tourism been boosted, but edible rose food production has been accelerated. It is reported that 5,100 tons edible roses of RMB50 million value have been produced since the beginning of 2017.
The continuing development of flower fields lies in the correct recognition on the difference between flower fields and flower tourism. In China, the flower field business model is an appealing gateway to stimulate people’s aesthetics to flower.
Source from: hbsztv.com
Translated by: Flower Expo China Committee
2018 China International Floriculture & Horticulture Trade Fair (Flower Expo China)
Date: March 21st-23rd, 2018
Venue: Guangzhou International Sourcing Center Complex
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-04 Australia: Grants to net more horticulture industries
- 2022-07-04 Ecuador: Protests end after agreement, long-term consequences for economy
- 2022-07-01 Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- 2022-07-01 Dutch nursery reviving Old Masters' roses
- 2022-07-01 US to give temporary work visas to 150,000 migrants in Mexico
- 2022-07-01 Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- 2022-07-01 Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- 2022-07-01 Building a resilient agriculture industry after the Ukraine invasion
- 2022-07-01 "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- 2022-06-30 The diversity, distribution and status of Phytoplasma diseases in China
- 2022-06-30 Overcoming the barriers to technology adoption on African farms
- 2022-06-30 The best flower-patriotic composition was elected in Kyiv
- 2022-06-30 Indonesia: The establishment of vegetative house for ornamental plants
- 2022-06-29 Hungary: Tax burden doubles on seasonal agricultural works
- 2022-06-29 UK: Seasonal worker visa route RFI notice
- 2022-06-29 Chemical shortages hamper US growers
- 2022-06-29 NL: Jan Willem de Vries appointed as Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau
- 2022-06-29 US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- 2022-06-29 Sarawak setting up orchid garden with an eye on export market
- 2022-06-29 Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs