- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
Debby Foisy doing two sessions at CGC 2017:
Learn more about attracting DIY's and selling plants online
Succulents: Leading the DIY Craze
(Room 207/208 at 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM)
Succulents are very trendy. In this quick presentation, Deb will teach you some of the key things she does to lead the DIY craze. Be a leader in your area –become the go-to place for newest, trendiest plants and attract your ideal customer and then sell them more once they’re in the store.
Selling Plants online: Carve out your niche, increase sales & gain loyalty
(Room 207/208 at 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM)
Afterwards, she is doing a session about online selling. Debbie has been selling plants online for two seasons and has figured out a way to sell plants online through her website, using various social media platforms to advertise it. Find out the successes and challenges she’s faced the last 2 years with this exciting venture. Why sell plants online? How hard is it to make a website? What did it cost? What about shipping? The answers to these questions and more will be answered and you will have the opportunity to ask questions.
The CGC brings the experts to you from across Canada and around the world who will share insights and solutions tailored to the Canadian market and growing conditions. Complete program information, speaker biographies and session summaries are available on their website.
Canadian Greenhouse Conference
The Canadian greenhouse industry is gearing up for their annual not-to-miss event in Niagara Falls October 4 & 5. Held for the 38th time, the Canadian Greenhouse Conference will once again draw some of the foremost players in the North American greenhouse industry to the Scotiabank Convention Centre.
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-09 One of the families behind Pike Place Market's famous flowers
- 2023-06-08 "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- 2023-06-06 LED solutions save 40% of energy for Topline Gerbera and increases stem weight
- 2023-06-05 US: "A tapestry of nature's splendor"
- 2023-06-05 Rare orchid grower says it's a piece of cake
- 2023-06-05 US: Southwest Virginia organic farm blossoming
- 2023-06-01 “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- 2023-06-01 Buying an established farm, expanding a market for luxury flower, and scale up for future growth
- 2023-06-01 "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters