- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Debby Foisy doing two sessions at CGC 2017:
Learn more about attracting DIY's and selling plants online
Succulents: Leading the DIY Craze
(Room 207/208 at 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM)
Succulents are very trendy. In this quick presentation, Deb will teach you some of the key things she does to lead the DIY craze. Be a leader in your area –become the go-to place for newest, trendiest plants and attract your ideal customer and then sell them more once they’re in the store.
Selling Plants online: Carve out your niche, increase sales & gain loyalty
(Room 207/208 at 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM)
Afterwards, she is doing a session about online selling. Debbie has been selling plants online for two seasons and has figured out a way to sell plants online through her website, using various social media platforms to advertise it. Find out the successes and challenges she’s faced the last 2 years with this exciting venture. Why sell plants online? How hard is it to make a website? What did it cost? What about shipping? The answers to these questions and more will be answered and you will have the opportunity to ask questions.
The CGC brings the experts to you from across Canada and around the world who will share insights and solutions tailored to the Canadian market and growing conditions. Complete program information, speaker biographies and session summaries are available on their website.
Canadian Greenhouse Conference
The Canadian greenhouse industry is gearing up for their annual not-to-miss event in Niagara Falls October 4 & 5. Held for the 38th time, the Canadian Greenhouse Conference will once again draw some of the foremost players in the North American greenhouse industry to the Scotiabank Convention Centre.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."