Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
“Green has a huge influence on public space”
According to Lucas, the Green Agenda is a major factor in the plans. This programme was set up to bring stakeholders together to stimulate the development of green concepts. "There's a trend to use more green in public areas. The Green Agenda of Royal FloraHolland responds to this trend. The programme unites green entrepreneurs, knowledge centres, local authorities and the business community. We support them as they develop green concepts and business models." Lucas hopes in future we'll see fruitful initiatives for, for instance, local councils and public health care, so green can be marketed even more efficiently.
Green has a huge influence
These coming years, society will be facing ever more extreme weather and even more urbanization. Green can help deal with these challenges. "Green has a huge influence on the public space. It results in less aggressive behaviour. It improves the ability to concentrate and speeds up the recovery of patients. And it's lovely to look at too", Lucas states with a smile on his face. He likes how France does things, where cities and towns compete with each other to be crowned as the greenest community. "That's very inspiring, of course. I love it."
Weeds are not a problem
The programme Let it Grow, Lucas feels, is a great way to stimulate entrepreneurs to go green. "Take the start-up Gewildgroei [Welcomegrowth - ed.] that came forth from it. This start-up sees weeds as a partner, not as a problem. By replacing a paving slab by a 'Living Pavement' tile, you demonstrate that wild plants are beautiful and useful. That's simply wonderful." Lucas urges all clients to do more with green too.
House full of flowers
Come to that, how green is Lucas himself? "Ever since we moved back to the Netherlands, we've got a garden, so we're certainly busy with that. And the house is full of flowers and plants. A house without is pretty cold and bare, I feel. On the other hand, I must admit I haven't got green fingers, really."
In the offices of Royal FloraHolland (all flexible workspaces now), green is a prominent feature. "There's a green wall, or vertical garden, on every floor. And the new office that's about to be constructed in Aalsmeer will be green all over too. We'll have a really healthy office with all kinds of green plants in it. This will make for a pleasant environment and will improve people's concentration."
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity
- 2023-04-05 Digital promotion of Explorer roses : "A Big red success with impact!"
- 2023-04-03 That Flower Feeling thanks Miley Cyrus for being the unofficial ambassador for flowers
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content