Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Barendsen on Floradecora 2018:
"The future belongs to the striking and surprising"
Barendsen came into contact with Messe Frankfurt through her working relationship with presentation artists Rudi Tuinman and Pascal Koeleman of 2Dezign, who combine fresh flowers and plants with decorative articles and festive decorations in their special show for Christmasworld and Floradecora. Barendsen’s wide and varied range of products is regularly part of this show and the company immediately decided to exhibit at the new Floradecora trade fair.
“At first, we weren’t expecting all that much”, says Caroline Haakman, “We were simply curious and hoped that, via Floradecora, we would be able to reach Christmasworld and Paperworld visitors.” To this end, Barendsen presented its extensive range of products and services on its own exhibition stand in Hall 11.1 and promoted it at the concurrent events by delivering bouquets to Paperworld exhibitors. A success? Caroline Haakman thinks so. “We found the première of Floradecora to be very inspiring and international.” The number of visitors was surprisingly high, they were of a high standard and buyers were very interested. “We not only welcomed existing customers”, says Haakman, “But also lots of new customers including garden centres, book sellers, concept stores and renowned florists. For us as a service-oriented company that can supply high-grade products in the quantities, the latter are very important – especially because they are interested in new ideas, such as sprays and arrangements.”
According to Caroline Haakman, striking ideas attracted a great deal of attention, e.g., ‘Milky Way’, the new soft lilac rose cultivar by a Dutch grower that is not so easy to find at conventional auctions.
Other popular eyecatchers are new pink / green / white arrangements, echeverias, durable large succulents and mini lilac trees in pots.
“We have something for all lateral thinkers, from event managers, cruise companies, hoteliers, restaurateurs and book sellers to specialist florists who want to create a special, attractive atmosphere in their business”, says Carolin Haakman.
In her opinion, there is an excellent chance of reaching more and more of these new customers via Floradecora over the coming years. “I believe that it will get better and better for us. Christmasworld is a premium event that attracts the right visitors and I am sure that it will not be long before, for example, the chains that buy there hit on the idea of selling flowers.”
Barendsen will also be an exhibitor at Floradecora 2018. The 360° tour of Floradecora 2017 at floradecora.messefrankfurt.com/virtualtour offers insights into the spectrum of products to be seen and who to contact.
For inquiries about taking part in Floradecora please contact Martina Bullack on +49 69 7575-6466 or at email@example.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar
- 2023-05-22 NL: A colorful season for Keukenhof
- 2023-05-19 HTA members to take stage at RHS Chelsea 2023
- 2023-05-18 Integrated pest and pollinator management for ornamental plants
- 2023-05-18 US (CO): CSU announces annual Flower Trial Garden’s 2022 winning flowers