- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Successful second subcommittee meeting:
Japan and Holland strengthen agricultural cooperation
The sub-committee meeting was titled: ‘Driving innovation through public-private-academic collaboration and disseminating research and development outcomes in agriculture’. More than 25 representatives from the Netherlands and Japan attended the meeting, including Mr. Don Kester of Van der Hoeven Horticulture projects, Dr. Jochen Hemming of Wageningen University & Research, Mr. Dennis Steentjes of Delphy Japan, and Dr. Evert Jan Krajenbrink, Agricultural Counsellor of the Netherlands Embassy.
Dr. Kazumasa Shioya (Vice president of NARO) and Mr. Don Kester discussed examples of technological development through public-private-academic collaboration. Mr. Hiroaki Yamada (Director MAFF, Technology policy) and Dr. Jochen Hemming discussed future directions of technological developments in the greenhouse sector, like robotics, ICT and the role of the golden triangle. Finally, Mr. Yuichi Otsuka (dep. Director Extension Service) and Mr. Dennis Steentjes of Delphy Japan discussed different ways of disseminating existing knowledge, like the privatized and commercial system which is used in the Netherlands, compared to the free service in Japan.
The Japan-Netherlands Dialogue on Agricultural Cooperation was established based on the Joint Statement between the Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Netherlands and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan signed on 15th December 2016, with an aim to promote bilateral cooperation in the field of agriculture between the two countries. The first-year dialogue takes place in 2017, which consists of a few subcommittee meetings and a plenary session. The first subcommittee took place on Monday 8 May 2017 and was focused on the ‘desired role of producer organizations to increase farmers’ sales force’. For more details, please click here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"