- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Grandparents Day 2017: a sustainable success in Europe"
Grandchildren and grandparents plant flower bulbs in Rome’s Viale Tiziano gardens. Jaime de Bourbon de Parme (Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to the Holy See) on the left, Charles Lansdorp (Felini foundation) on the right.
Grandparents Day is all about sustainability. On the one hand, in the sense of the vital importance of long-lasting relationships. Creating and maintaining a social network in time prevents loneliness later in life. The relationship between grandparent and grandchild can play an important role here.
On the other hand, we all have a duty to pass a healthy, prosperous earth on to the future generations. Grandmas and granddads love to share their knowledge of flowers, plants and nature with the younger generation.
Activities around Grandparents Day
In Italy, workshops with flowers and plants were organised in Milan, while in Rome grandparents planted flower bulbs together with their grandchildren in the gardens of ‘Viale Tiziano’.
In the Netherlands, flowers and plants workshops were held in various cities, like Amersfoort, Deventer, Apeldoorn, Noordwijk and regions Epe and Groningen.
Grandparents who live in nursing homes received a perfumed rose from their grandchildren and a sustainably produced orchid plant, to grow together.
For more information:
1436 BL, Aalsmeerderbrug
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-15 US (OH): ScottsMiracle-Gro reduces outlook for sales
- 2022-06-07 The opportunities and possibilities of a single packaging unit sticker
- 2022-06-02 Five points to consider when developing flower industry website
- 2022-05-24 ‘Must-have’ houseplant to add property value
- 2022-05-19 Elements for a successful website design
- 2022-04-22 ‘European Central Bank must act soon to avoid currency crisis’
- 2022-04-13 How to prepare for Mother’s Day
- 2022-03-25 All #LoveNotWar flower hearts listed in an interactive e-magazine
- 2022-03-24 8 pink roses to celebrate UK mother's day 2022
- 2022-03-16 Colombia joins the global campaign #LoveNotWar
- 2022-03-14 The floral message of hope: Flowerhearts placed all over the world
- 2022-03-10 Royal FloraHolland organizes benefit auction for Giro555 on 14 March
- 2022-02-02 "As it's generic promotion for the cut flowers and greens, all industry participants will benefit"
- 2022-01-27 World of Sprayroses presents new E-Magazine
- 2022-01-19 Marketing challenges in 2022 and how to solve them
- 2022-01-19 “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- 2021-11-24 How digital marketing can boost floral sales
- 2021-11-19 Cut chrysanthemum Ilonka stars in promotional campaign
- 2021-10-26 'Increasing Demand and Satisfaction in the Floral Industry'
- 2021-10-21 Fall marketing ideas for floral businesses