Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
David Austin introduces three English roses, including ‘Roald Dahl’
David Austin Rose 'Roald Dahl'
Two other English Rose varieties new to North America complete an introductory line up: pretty ‘Imogen’ has soft lemon yellow flowers with a rare button eye of the type seen in antique Gallica and Damask roses, while ‘Bathsheba’ adds a fragrant climber with big beautiful apricot flowers to the Austin collection. All three varieties are products of a 20-year Austin breeding program.
David Austin Rose 'Imogen'
David Austin Rose 'Bathsheba'
With the new introductions, a total of 116 Austin-bred English Rose varieties are now available to American and Canadian gardeners at www.davidaustinroses.com.
Starting in Spring 2019, the three new English Rose varieties also become available in nursery pots at fine garden centers across the U.S. and Canada where David Austin roses are sold.
All orders shipped in spring at correct time to plant
While orders are taken year-round, David Austin ships bare root stock only January through mid-May, with shipping timed to correspond to the correct time for planting in the recipient’s area. The roses are sold on a first-come basis. New introductions typically sell out early.
To order, visit www.davidaustinroses.com, call 800-328-8893, or write to David Austin Roses Limited, 15059 State Highway 64 West, Tyler, TX 75704. All David Austin roses sold in North America are specially selected for North American growing conditions and climate zones. All are grown and shipped within North America.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-24 “New ways of utilising herbs in the garden”
- 2023-05-23 UK: Agapanthus 'Black Jack' Plant of the Year at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-19 "It adds a unique tropical flair to the garden or landscape"
- 2023-05-04 "Bi-colored Supertunias have been increasingly popular with North American gardeners"
- 2023-04-28 Stage 3 tissue culture, "Easier than you think"
- 2023-03-22 "Perfect for producers looking for something special"
- 2023-03-17 "May the White Force bloom with you"
- 2022-12-16 "This multi-tasking new Bergenia is a star"
- 2022-12-06 "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- 2022-11-21 Snapdragon “DoubleShot Orange Bicolor F1” wins ASS Award
- 2022-10-03 Major instruction project Alaska botanical garden
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"