- Head of Sales & Opportunities - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
- Commercial Manager - Spain
- CEO - Australia
- Grower - Location Manager Portugal
- Divisional Sales Manager - Canada
- Specialist meerlagenteelt / vertical farming - De Kwakel
- Farm Manager - India
- Production Manager - Dubai, UAE
- Supply Chain Coordinator - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Plant Buyer - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- China: Impression of PanAmerican Seed New Variety Pack Trial, 2021 World Garden Show
- Decowraps launches the Eco Wrap
- "Rising demand for Zimbabwean roses calls for farm expansion"
- Uganda: "We've learned some valuable lessons from the COVID-19 period"
- "The Ethiopian flower industry has shown remarkable growth over the past years"
Top 5 -last month
- Change in US flower consumption: "From holiday to everyday purchases"
- "Breeding chrysanthemums in the Colombian climate brings several genetic advantages"
- Colombia: "Mother’s Day season not affected by the protests"
- "The demand for preserved roses has grown exponentially"
- "Kenyan rose farmers watch out: False Codling Moth could stop export of roses to EU"
PlantPaper comes to Colombia and Ecuador
The paper developed by PlantPaper has a very open structure which results in a better air circulation in the rooting area of the plant. This results in faster rooting and better quality of the roots. The product from PlantPaper is 100% bio-based, meaning it is 100% biodegradable, so a sustainable solution for the environment.
To introduce the PlantPaper products in both countries, HSI participated at the Proflora 2017 exhibition in Bogota. According to account manager Marcos Torrens Bonet the response was overwhelming: “Especially the fact that the product is 100% biodegradable attracted a lot of growers. It’s great to see the interest in the product, we are dedicated to make this a success.”
Melvin Howard Brehler joins Marcos Torrens Bonet to position the HSI products into the markets of Colombia and Ecuador: “We supply a wide range of products and services to growers worldwide. With practical knowledge and years of experience HSI can provide growers with everything they need to grow their crop. Fertilizers and crop protection to insure the necessary growth. Or do you need nursery supplies and machinery? We are here to get you going.”
For more information:
Hortus Supplies International
1432 JH Aalsmeer
+ 31 297 52 49 19
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-05-17 US: the history of Smile Farms, a welcoming place for people with a disability
- 2021-05-17 Royal FloraHolland reports record turnover, thanks to the clock
- 2021-05-17 US: Floriculture has deep roots in the Mid-Willamette Valley
- 2021-05-14 Inari raises over $200 million to unlock the full potential of seed
- 2021-05-14 US: Dümmen Orange hires new retail director
- 2021-05-14 US: "Time flies when you’re having fun"
- 2021-05-14 St. Johns Oaks becomes part of the Continental Floral Greens Family
- 2021-05-14 Germany: 10th anniversary of the Landgard Cash & Carry in Nuremberg
- 2021-05-14 Verdissimo introduces new preserved rose: the Rose Queen
- 2021-05-13 Kuehne+Nagel Sustainability Report 2020
- 2021-05-13 Selecta One presents new spring annuals + Trixi catalogue 2021/2022
- 2021-05-13 Van Zanten Breeding appoints new Director of Breeding and Development
- 2021-05-13 New appointments at Uralchem
- 2021-05-13 NL: Greenhouse control with dedicated smartphone app
- 2021-05-12 Mark Noble - 30 years at Millcreek Gardens
- 2021-05-12 Kitchen Minis Collection in store with sales resources from PanAmerican Seed
- 2021-05-12 US (MI): Brothers Dekker buy new facility for Control Dekk
- 2021-05-12 Smithers-Oasis acquires Design Master
- 2021-05-12 Uganda: "We've learned some valuable lessons from the COVID-19 period"
- 2021-05-12 US: Syngenta Flowers expands sales team with Kelli Gibson