- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Monaco: CMF builds Exotic Garden greenhouses
The scientific collection of cacti and other succulent plants was created in the 1960s. It provides a botanical centre role, i.e. “ex situ” protection for valuable specimens which are often rare and endangered in the wild since the middle of the 1990s.
For the design and manufacturing of these 5 greenhouses and 5 open shelters, Engeco turned to CMF, internationally-renowned specialist in the field of greenhouses and bioclimatic glass structures. A total of 10,000 potted plants and 500 rooted directly into the soil - some of which weigh upwards of 2 tonnes and stand almost 11 metres tall - will be transferred to these new facilities.
One of the great challenges of this project was to ensure the aesthetic harmony of structures with very different technical specifications, including a large greenhouse for the biggest specimens coming from Africa and Madagascar, a greenhouse to simulate the most arid conditions reserved for Mexican succulent plants, a nursery, and a greenhouse for epiphytic specimens and for Melocacti.
CMF's Eco Klima aluminium profiles technology was an obvious choice for this job, offering a unique combination of aesthetic quality and technical efficiency. In order to naturally regulate the climate within each of the glasshouses, roof and/or side vents were fitted with integrated shading screens. The whole system can be managed automatically by a control panel connected to a weather station.
A tourist attraction and cultural asset in a rapidly-changing part of Monaco. This project is part of the wide-ranging programme of works currently underway to modernise the Western entrance to the Principality of Monaco. Located a stone's throw from the Palais Princier, the site of this project underwent detailed technical inspections by CMF's engineers. Difficult to access with little room for assembly operations, not to mention the seaside location and seismic risk factor, this project has all the makings of an exceptional architectural achievement.
For more information:
BP 10 001 - Varades
Tél. : +33 (0)2 40 98 34 00
Fax. : +33 (0)2 40 98 34 94
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Russia: About 1 billion rubles will be spent on creating a greenhouse for growing flowers
- 2022-06-28 Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- 2022-06-27 Renu Energy Solutions partners with University to power village greenhouse
- 2022-06-27 'Growing together by sharing the Chinese 'pie'
- 2022-06-23 Selinsgrove greenhouse remembers Hurricane Agnes
- 2022-06-22 France: Producers hit hard by hail storms
- 2022-06-20 Coating as a base, screens as "emergency brake"
- 2022-06-17 Grandma on a cruise
- 2022-06-09 J. Huete International builds 3.5 hectares of greenhouses for Barberet & Blanc
- 2022-06-08 Upcoming neonicotinoid re-classification
- 2022-06-03 Using durable paint to protect crops against heat and light
- 2022-06-02 Controlling yellow woodsorrel in greenhouse
- 2022-06-01 Greenhouse goes up in East Boston
- 2022-06-01 Australia: P’Petual Glasshouse set to spark circa $30million agribusiness deal
- 2022-05-27 US: Byfield greenhouse, scene of a fatal accident, will reopen on Saturday
- 2022-05-24 New construction for PanAmerican Seed Europe begins
- 2022-05-20 Application of solar energy to foil greenhouse in Guatemala
- 2022-05-18 Seedlings are planted within 6 months in 3.5Ha glass greenhouse
- 2022-05-18 Cleveland County greenhouse business a mainstay for 30 years
- 2022-05-13 "Consider dehumidification in your initial greenhouse planning"