- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
US (OH): Petal It Forward spreads happiness in Columbus
The initiative is part of a nationwide effort called Petal It Forward organized by the Society of American Florists (SAF). This year, SAF enlisted 573 members to lead Petal It Forward events across the US. Dümmen Orange, a cut flower breeder, joined forces with The Gems Group, a marketer and distributor, and the Kroger Columbus Division, a grocery retailer, to distribute bouquets donated by Jardines de los Andes, a grower in Colombia.
Teri Rose, Director of Floral at Kroger, explains the interest in Petal It Forward: “At The Kroger Co., we are dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed The Human Spirit. What better way to uplift those in our community than to surprise them with flowers and brighten their day. Kroger Columbus was proud to partner with the Petal It Forward program and look forward to future opportunities to surprise and delight our customers!”
Similar sentiments are shared by the other co-sponsoring teams. Lindsay Pangborn, Marketing Specialist at Dümmen Orange, shares, “The coordinated effort led by SAF reminds us to take a moment to connect with one another, and also demonstrates the happiness that a simple gift of fresh flowers provides. Our hope is that each recipient remembers the positive emotions associated with giving flowers and incorporates fresh flowers into their everyday routine.” Carlos Oramas, CEO at The Gems Group, says, “We are grateful for this powerful opportunity to connect with busy Americans going about everyday life and remind them how it feels to simply receive and give flowers. The entire movement is extraordinary.”
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity
- 2023-04-05 Digital promotion of Explorer roses : "A Big red success with impact!"
- 2023-04-03 That Flower Feeling thanks Miley Cyrus for being the unofficial ambassador for flowers
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content