- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- Dutch growers lose faith
- Australia: Ball Mother-stock House meets growing demands
- "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- "New substrate fiber fits into the future of cultivation"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
FleuroStar winner PinkTastic also first choice of British public
Sabatino Urzo, Trials Manager at the Royal Horticulture Society: "The People's Choice Award is a great way of engaging the public with the RHS' trials programme and points to popular trends and fashions in planting."
Sally van der Horst, Secretary General Fleuroselect: "The choice of the English public confirms the decision made by the FleuroStar trade jury. I'm delighted to see that our international group of 30 experts from within the industry successfully detects new breeding achievements with a high commercial potential at a very early stage."
British-born Fleuroselect Secretary Sally van der Horst at Wisley with FleuroStar Winner PinkTastic
'Giant Deep Red' and 'Molotov Mixed'
Zinnia elegans 'Giant Deep Red' (Benary's Giant Series) and Zinnia elegans 'Molotov Mixed' from Burpee Europe were the public's top favourites from the '2017, Year of the Zinnia' trial of over 140 varieties organised by Fleuroselect in conjunction with the RHS in Wisley. The Year of the Zinnia trial follows on from the '2015, Year of the Sunflower' and '2016, Year of the Cosmos' trials with all varieties being supplied by Fleuroselect members. The RHS expert plant committees will shortly be recommending those deemed best for all-round garden value for the RHS Award of Garden Merit (AGM).
Zinnia elegans 'Giant Deep Red' (Benary's Giant Series) and Zinnia elegans 'Molotov Mixed' - Photo credits: RHS, Joanna Kossack.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-02 Takii unveils new seed production location in Karacabey, Turkey
- 2023-05-31 HilverdaFlorist launches new catalog for 2024
- 2023-05-30 Six candidates competing for FleuroStar
- 2023-05-30 India: Commercial tissue culture facility inaugurated at Punjab Ag University
- 2023-05-26 Space seeds are sprouting
- 2023-05-23 US: Proven Winners ColorChoice roses continue to earn top marks in trials
- 2023-05-23 “Growers no longer have to wait to see what a plant will do”
- 2023-05-15 "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- 2023-05-11 "We have earned our 75+ years of experience through the same values we still have today"
- 2023-05-09 Syngenta appoints new business manager for expanding Ornamentals team
- 2023-05-09 Efforts to strengthen the system for breeders rights protection in Mexico
- 2023-05-08 MNP / Suntory launches (how it's made) explanation video
- 2023-05-05 Sakata releases new Dania and Danique series
- 2023-05-03 Revisit the California Spring Trials displays of Ball Horticultural Company with virtual tour
- 2023-05-02 Proven Winners announces 2024 new varieties
- 2023-05-02 Dutch Spring Trials are on
- 2023-05-01 Interplant Roses organizes Rose Inspiration Days
- 2023-04-28 Austrian Parliament amends seed patent law
- 2023-04-27 "New location and new concept"
- 2023-04-25 Arun Sharma joins Benary as Global Head of Breeding