- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs
- US (OH): Ready for Cultivate'22?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Farplants promotes Andy Merrick to Head of Sales
Andy Merrick, previously the Garden Centre Sales Manager for the West Sussex based plant wholesaler, has been appointed to Head of Sales to continue the company’s growth plans. Since joining in 1999, he has progressed within sales and account management to manage the sales team and provide support to Farplants’ garden retailing customers.
Merrick has been an integral part of the Farplants product development team who have made over 1000 updates to the 2018 offering. This includes two new consumer focused initiatives – Wildflowers and Small Plants for Small SpacesTM, available from February.
Merrick has over thirty years’ horticulture experience, covering all aspects of the industry from retail and transport through to sales. He is looking forward to supporting their customers in his new role, he said:
“During my 18 years with Farplants, I have been given fantastic support and the opportunity to work with amazing garden retailers. I am proud to be a part of the Farplants family; they have the same strong focus on development for their people, as they do for their plants.
My career in horticulture and love of nature began when I was given my own patch of the garden growing up. This has transformed into a passion for plants and helping the industry continue to encourage consumers embrace a past time with real physical and mental health benefits.
Working for Farplants gives me the opportunity to collaborate with our five different growers, all with their own expert knowledge. Our group structure enables me to offer our customers a broad spectrum of plants that have come from specialists within the co-op.
With so many new plant lines for 2018 and trails continually introduced, next year will hold many initiatives and promotional lines that consumers will love. It is an exciting time for British growers and I look forward to supporting our customers meet the changing needs of the gardening consumer.”
Brett Avery, Farplants Managing Director, is delighted with the promotion. “Andy is receiving well-deserved recognition, he has shown true commitment to the industry and has provided our valued customers with first-class support.
His passion and drive continues to help Farplants innovate with new plants and sales promotions that entice consumers for increased sell-through.”
Merrick’s promotion is the latest staff development; the wholesale group has been bolstered this year with a sweep of new appointments.
For more information:
Farplants Sales Ltd
West Sussex BN18 0AS
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"