Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
CosMic Plants hosts second Petals and Plates event
They welcomed guests from places like Windsor, Sarnia, Toronto, Guelph and Cambridge who all came out for a greenhouse tour, local wines and beers (from CosMic's neighbours; Malivoire Winery and Bench beer brewery). The appetizers and 4 course dinner was prepared by local Culinary Market The Grand Oak (from Vineland) and served on a 40 meter long harvest table, surrounded by Floral Décor designed and installed by Opening Night Flowers (from Oakville).
This was the second Petals and Plates event organized by Flowers Canada – Ontario. The first one was at Rosa Flora about a month ago. The idea behind this event is to create awareness among the general public as to how exciting and professional the floral industry in Southern Ontario is, how floral products are being produced so locally and to promote flowers and plants by creating an experience that will surprise and inspire guests. The guest bought tickets that were advertised on social media by the marketing board of Flowers Canada – Ontario.
At the event, many photos were taken and are being shared over social media (Instagram: #petals_and_plates, Facebook: @petalsandplates / @cosmicplants)
“It was a great success and we were all super excited and honored here at CosMic Plants to be asked to host this amazing event at our Orchid greenhouse! We would like to thank everyone who took part in the organization, as it was a true team effort! It is great to hear people’s reactions and to be able to answer their questions. We work in an industry we can all be proud of!", says Mike VanSteekelenburg, co-owner of CosMic Plants.
For more information
CosMic Plants Inc.
4228 Maple Grove Road
Beamsville, Ontario L0R 1B1
T: +1 905 562 9389
F: +1905 562 9390
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers
- 2023-05-19 Linda Price from Wyveale Nurseries wins competition to name new phormium
- 2023-05-19 US (LA): Curiosity blooms into a flower farm with best bud
- 2023-05-19 Make-upz assortment newest addition to Deroose USA portfolio
- 2023-05-18 NL: Stolk Brothers grow anthuriums peat free
- 2023-05-18 NL: Organic Rose Nursery the Bierkreek decorates The Peace Palace
- 2023-05-18 Rosaprima launches four new rose varieties
- 2023-05-17 US (CA): Urban grower helps supply florists and markets
- 2023-05-17 "A step towards a greener future"