- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NL: ins and outs of plant nursery Bosplant
The grower grows different plants per season to produce large amounts of products. Selling beforehand is very important to avoid purchase risks. A lot of trade is sold on contract and a few through the auction clock. The purchase starts when the sale is ready.
The products are top-quality with retail prices. The plants are delivered to retail and DIY-stores. All the products are brought from the nursery to a transport company in Naaldwijk. This company transports the products to the next destination in the Netherlands and abroad. Through the year, about 700-800 thousand cyclamens will leave the nursery. And the cyclamen isn’t even their main product!
The production of the Poinsettia has a fast process. The plant material will be bought in July, and the plants will leave the nursery in October. The Poinsettias are delivered to the customers seven days a week. Even on Sunday a particular team provides the production and daily delivery.
The Cyclamen is the perfect plant to counter the dark days because of the white and bright colored flowers. The plant looks tender, but is a good blooming plant which has steady roots.
Sustainability is an important topic at Bosplant. Since October 2017, the biological way of growing is professionalized. Also the nursery is MPS-SQ and MPS-GAP certificated.
OZ Planten is a proud partner of the French Geranium (Pelargonium grandiflorum) and cyclamen of Bosplant. We are looking forward to collaborate with this partner for many more years.
More information about Bosplant can be found here.
source: OZ Planten
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."