Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Growers and breeders present themselves jointly during the Flower Trials
At the Flora Experience, both growers and breeders present their products. By bringing together different locations, visitors can save valuable time. In the second week of June (Week 24), more than 7,000 people from over 65 different countries will visit the Flower Trials and will aim to see as much as possible in the three regions where the event is organised. The new Flora Experience is organised in the Westland region. The other two regions are Aalsmeer (the Netherlands) and Rhineland Westphalia (Germany).
The Flora Experience takes place from 12 to 15 June during the Flower Trials in the new World Horti Center in Naaldwijk. The fair is primarily aimed at professionals in the floriculture sector and is the place to talk to growers and breeders and to see the latest trends and novelties in the sector.
The Flora Experience is an initiative of the World Horti Center and GREENN. The newly opened World Horti Center is the most important innovation centre of the international greenhouse horticulture sector. It is a leading platform where business, education and government jointly innovate, connect, create and inspire. The centre is expected to be visited by about 25,000 international professionals a year.
GREENN organises the participation of floriculture businesses in international trade fairs. Maaike Koop’s company takes care of the full organisation of trade fairs and trade fair stands for growers, breeders and exporters based in the Netherlands and other countries. A well-known example is the Holland Collective at the Flowers Expo in Moscow. GREENN is also active at trade fairs in Spain, Turkey, China and Italy, and it develops initiatives in the South American market.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar