- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- Dutch growers lose faith
- Australia: Ball Mother-stock House meets growing demands
- "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- "New substrate fiber fits into the future of cultivation"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
UFO Supplies celebrates 20th anniversary
Florissant was developed in 1983 by the auction, for the growers. A constant quality and a minimum shelf life of all the flowers in a bunch is essential. Florissant takes care of that. UFO Supplies have also been a Philips Horti LED official partner for six years.
With Empas, UFO developed a spray boom for rough terrains. This cuts the knife on two sides: the leaf is covered more evenly (on top as well as below) and at the same time 40% less pesticides are being used.
The company's people regularly visit customers (growers in countries such as Kenya, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Brazil, South Africa and China). They are always looking for the best solution to a specific problem. Sometimes this works best with a local agent who knows about the situation better than they do. In addition, they work closely with Dutch horticultural suppliers and with flower auctions.
In 1990, Jaap van Staaveren and Tjeerd de Looze worked together in Zambia. After that Floris Muilwijk, the son of a rose grower, joined the management team. Since then, they have visited many customers in 33 countries together with local agents, and they look forward to the next 20 years.
For more information:
1432 JG Aalsmeer
T: +31 (0) 297-343603
F: +31 (0) 297-368753
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-02 Captain and Könst calla assortment presented during Captain Calla Days
- 2023-06-02 Delphy Group remains independent
- 2023-06-02 FloraLife unveils new brand identity
- 2023-06-02 Kenya: Marcoz Holdings gets approval for acquisition of Phima Flowers
- 2023-06-02 New guardian monitor Wi-Fi launched
- 2023-06-01 Picalla scratch campaign puts buyers in the spotlight
- 2023-06-01 Kenya: Lima Labs makes debut at IFTEX
- 2023-05-31 NZ: New people join HortNZ Board
- 2023-05-31 Stuppy celebrates 150th anniversary
- 2023-05-31 Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports