Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US: Pleasant View Gardens adds Southern Territory Sales Manager
With nearly two decades of industry experience, Hoffman brings with him keen insight acquired from working closely with small start-ups, as well as established market leaders. All of which will help PVG strengthen its position in the southern markets as wholesale growers of annuals, perennials, and herbs – most notably Proven Winners plants.
“Having Paul on board with us is just the shot in the arm we need for our southern region,” states Pleasant View’s National Sales Manager, Andy Huntington. “His experience, combined with a natural passion for top-notch customer service makes him the perfect fit for us as we continue to expand and make our customers successful at every turn.”
Hoffman’s responsibilities with PVG will focus primarily on the management and expansion of its southern territory, but will also include activities related to new product introductions, sales and broker program planning and implementation, as well as nurturing relationships with customers and broker reps. Hoffman will also be actively involved with Proven Winners Certified Garden Center training and customer education specific to plant materials, Pleasant View Gardens and Proven Winners brands.
Prior to joining PVG, Hoffman was the Territory Manager of Golf Irrigation for Wesco Turf in Northern Florida, where he represented Toro’s irrigation line of products for golf courses in the largest geographic area of the company. It was there where Hoffman earned the prestigious “Toro Rookie of the Year” award. Hoffman is also SMEI Certified and was the past president of the North Florida Chapter of the Florida Nursery, Growers & Landscape Association.
Hoffman’s past hort experience also includes his time as sales manager for Green Technologies, where he established sales distribution channels for an undeveloped organic-based fertilizer company – selling to garden centers, wholesalers, and golf courses. He was also the regional sales manager at Skinner Nurseries developing an outside sales team that helped catapult the company from a modest $9 million to more than $100 million in annual sales.
Hoffman hails from Iowa’s Ashford University, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Entrepreneurship.
For more information
7316 Pleasant St.
Loudon, NH 03307
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Picalla scratch campaign puts buyers in the spotlight
- 2023-06-01 Kenya: Lima Labs makes debut at IFTEX
- 2023-05-31 NZ: New people join HortNZ Board
- 2023-05-31 Stuppy celebrates 150th anniversary
- 2023-05-31 Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market