Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Brandkamp taps into bi-colored trend with new chrysanthemums
Jürgen von den Driesch and Andre Elijzen Brandkamp at the IFTF Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands.
For the season 2018 Brandkamp offers four new pot chrysanthemums and four new cut chrysanthemums. "It has been an important goal for many years to provide many colors of the same variety", says Jürgen von den Driesch, Sales Manager at Brandkamp. "Variety families enable an easy cultivation and allows the creation of mix pots with 3 or more colors per pot."
Naxos, Hawaii, Bermuda
With offering many colors in the same variety, bi-colored varieties cannot be missed out. According to von den Driesch, the focus of breeding in pot chrysanthemums has been on creating the two-tone varieties for several years now as these varieties are doing very well on the market. And for the season 2018, they added three new varieties; a red/yellow variety with 7 weeks response time called Hawaii, a pink/white striped variety with also 7 weeks response time called Bermuda, and a purple/silver striped variety with 7.5 weeks response time called Naxos. "All three varieties have a very good habit with many flowers and good color stability."
Next to these bi-colored varieties, they also added a yellow filled flowering variety to their pot-chrysanthemum assortment; Cayman Yellow. This variety can be cultivated as spray form and disbudded. "This means that the range is also around in this sector."
In the cut-flowers range, Brandkamp also added two bi-colored varieties. "We were still missing these kind of colors in the cut flower range", says von den Driesh.
Pune and Bangalore.
So, after several years of breeding, they are now able to add two varieties; a pink striped variety with many flowers and a response time of 7 weeks called Pune and a yellow/red striped variety with a response time of 7.5 weeks called Bangalore. Next to their stripes on the flower petals, both varieties are characterized by their strong stems and their stable color.
Adana Purple and Adana Orange.
Next to these two bi-colored varieties, they also added two filled flowering varieties; Adana Purple and Adana Orange. These two varieties are mutations of the Adana, Brandkamp's first filled flowering variety. Von den Driesch has high hopes for these varieties as Adana has been well demanded since its introduction.
For more information
Jürgen von den Driesch
Phone: +49 (0) 228/33 08 75
Fax: +49 (0) 228/33 47 00
Mobile: +49 (0) 171/4 13 55 91
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 HilverdaFlorist launches new catalog for 2024
- 2023-05-30 Six candidates competing for FleuroStar
- 2023-05-30 India: Commercial tissue culture facility inaugurated at Punjab Ag University
- 2023-05-26 Space seeds are sprouting
- 2023-05-23 US: Proven Winners ColorChoice roses continue to earn top marks in trials
- 2023-05-23 “Growers no longer have to wait to see what a plant will do”
- 2023-05-15 "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- 2023-05-11 "We have earned our 75+ years of experience through the same values we still have today"
- 2023-05-09 Syngenta appoints new business manager for expanding Ornamentals team
- 2023-05-09 Efforts to strengthen the system for breeders rights protection in Mexico
- 2023-05-08 MNP / Suntory launches (how it's made) explanation video
- 2023-05-05 Sakata releases new Dania and Danique series
- 2023-05-03 Revisit the California Spring Trials displays of Ball Horticultural Company with virtual tour
- 2023-05-02 Proven Winners announces 2024 new varieties
- 2023-05-02 Dutch Spring Trials are on
- 2023-05-01 Interplant Roses organizes Rose Inspiration Days
- 2023-04-28 Austrian Parliament amends seed patent law
- 2023-04-27 "New location and new concept"
- 2023-04-25 Arun Sharma joins Benary as Global Head of Breeding
- 2023-04-24 "It marked an important event for South American rose growers"