- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Ball SB introduces odorless variety
A second chance for limonium hybrids
Lourdes Reyes at the IFTF in Vijfhuizen presenting the Klara Skylight
"The limonium is a great flower for the growing bouquets market, as well as for the solid bunches. However, some old varieties like Misty withhold many florists from using it and consumers from buying it. So, it went out of the market and now we are happy to bring it back in full bloom," explains Lourdes Reyes of Ball SB.
"The flowers and calyx firmly located in the stems."
For breeder Ball SB, it was a great challenge to come up with a variety that lacks this typical limonium smell. After 10 years of breeding, selecting and testing, they introduced a hybrid limonium that was not only bred and selected for being odorless, but still has good cultivation and product habits. This new variety was bred in Israel and is named Skylight. "It is a very productive variety and has strong stems, high productivity, many flushes, and a great flower color. It is liked in the market because it gives great and abundance volume plus NO smell", says Lourdes.
"When you see a flower on films, magazines or on the runway of the fashion show week in Paris or Milan you know it is officially a flower in fashion!"
For more information
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-06 "As a team, we consistently focus on the right products for the right conditions"
- 2023-06-06 Chrysal Africa inaugurates testing facility
- 2023-06-02 Takii unveils new seed production location in Karacabey, Turkey
- 2023-05-31 HilverdaFlorist launches new catalog for 2024
- 2023-05-30 Six candidates competing for FleuroStar
- 2023-05-30 India: Commercial tissue culture facility inaugurated at Punjab Ag University
- 2023-05-26 Space seeds are sprouting
- 2023-05-23 US: Proven Winners ColorChoice roses continue to earn top marks in trials
- 2023-05-23 “Growers no longer have to wait to see what a plant will do”
- 2023-05-15 "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- 2023-05-11 "We have earned our 75+ years of experience through the same values we still have today"
- 2023-05-09 Syngenta appoints new business manager for expanding Ornamentals team
- 2023-05-09 Efforts to strengthen the system for breeders rights protection in Mexico
- 2023-05-08 MNP / Suntory launches (how it's made) explanation video
- 2023-05-05 Sakata releases new Dania and Danique series
- 2023-05-03 Revisit the California Spring Trials displays of Ball Horticultural Company with virtual tour
- 2023-05-02 Proven Winners announces 2024 new varieties
- 2023-05-02 Dutch Spring Trials are on
- 2023-05-01 Interplant Roses organizes Rose Inspiration Days
- 2023-04-28 Austrian Parliament amends seed patent law