Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Garden center provides enhanced customer experience with Deco Harmony
“We needed to replace the old screen in our garden center,” tells Dave Van Luijken, manager at Intratuin – a garden center located in Zoetemeer in the Netherlands. “We saw samples of Svensson’s new Deco Harmony screen range and really liked them. It is a firm, high-quality screen cloth with a fresh and modern look. The wide lines look stylish and provide a calm ambiance.” However, it was the functionality and climate properties of the new Deco Harmony that was the determining factor for Dave and Intratuin.
“In summer, it’s helping to cool down the temperatures and diffuse the bright light into a smooth, even light,” tells Dave. “This does not only positively affect our customers, but is also a great advantage for the plants that can remain healthy for longer. In the winter time, the Deco screen will help to keep the heat inside, providing a pleasant temperature while saving us money. And the terracotta color makes the garden center look good. It provides our customers with a comfortable and cozy shopping experience.”
Textile vs polyester
Just like with their previous screen, Intratuin worked together with Holland Scherming to install the Deco Harmony. “They always give personal, tailored advice, which we really appreciate,” explains Dave. “They have been a reliable partner to us for years.”
“The installation of this screen was as usual, but the use of a polyester-based screen in a garden center was new for us,” says Peter Rense, Sales Manager at Holland Scherming. “Over the years, dust and condensation on the garden center roof often cause stains on a regular textile screen, but I expect this to be less prevalent with the Deco Harmony.”
White polyester screens have been used in horticulture for years, due to the screens shading and energy-saving properties. To add a nice visual design and appearance, like in this case with the Terracotta colored stripes on the Deco Harmony screen, provides the garden center with a warm atmosphere. “Customers can enjoy their stay and see products displayed in an agreeable light, hopefully making them stay longer and spend more.” Svensson’s Deco Harmony screen range is available in four different colors – Terracotta, Lavender, Yellow and Gray.
“I don’t know yet if our profit will increase,” laughs Dave. “The Deco Harmony has been in place for one summer, so it’s too early to tell. I will use the decorative screen on grey or dark days the coming months.” Opening and closing of the screen is automated, but Dave often makes manual adjustments. He opens the screen a bit further in the warm greenhouse with annuals and pottery to increase the customer experience.
“We expect to save some energy in winter thanks to the new screen. We are happy with the makeover of our garden center with the new Deco Harmony, it makes a great difference.”
For more information:
+31(0)174 - 516 180
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-04-28 UK: New little dobbies opens in the heart of Cheltenham
- 2023-04-26 US: Garden supply prices up about 15%, cost of fertilizer triples
- 2023-04-25 UK: "Positive results in a challenging climate"
- 2023-04-19 Germany: New location and concept for Blumen Risse
- 2023-04-19 UK: Blue Diamond acquires 43rd Garden Centre
- 2023-04-05 US (MT): Nursery and garden center is blooming with a diverse selection of plants
- 2023-03-31 Germany: "Better weather needed to lift garden center sales of outdoor plants"
- 2023-03-27 UK: Replacing a 1500 sqm roof at Folkstone Garden Center in Kent
- 2023-03-24 UK: Garden center sales see February boost
- 2022-12-19 Bee conservation Trust’s founder to create a buzz at upcoming GCA conference
- 2022-12-15 UK: James Coles Nurseries commits to eco friendly power
- 2022-11-15 US: “Gardening may have been pandemic-proof, but it’s not inflation-proof”
- 2022-11-15 UK: Horticulture skills shortage to impact garden supply chain
- 2022-11-01 US (CA): New Roseville location for Green Acres Nursery & Supply
- 2022-10-28 Saving energy and covering with 32mm polycarbonate
- 2022-10-07 Christmas at Kew returns for 10th year
- 2022-09-27 KidsGardening now offers youth garden resources in Spanish
- 2022-09-20 Fleuroselect Home Garden Conference shines a spotlight on 'Small Space Gardening'
- 2022-09-08 KidsGardening.org launches 2023 youth garden grant and invites new sponsors
- 2022-09-06 Victorian Horticulture celebrated in Parliament House