- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: T&M’s new Product Development team boasts 140+ years’ experience
L to R: Peter Freeman, Paul Masters, Charles Valin, Colin Randel
Paul Masters, who heads up the horticultural team at Thompson & Morgan said:
“I’m really excited about the range that we’re planning for next season. Our plant breeding team, led by Charles Valin, has been working overtime and the new varieties that we’re going to be offering are phenomenal! Some of them are completely revolutionary in the gardening world.”
Paul brings over 36 years of horticultural and gardening expertise to the team. He started his career as an apprentice at Notcutts, rising to the position of production director and has travelled extensively in Europe and North America in his search for new and interesting plant varieties to offer to UK gardeners.
Colin Randel is widely known in the horticultural business as an authority on vegetables. His experience of growing and developing vegetables varieties to bring to the gardening public is second to none and extends to almost 50 years. Colin was Chair of the RHS Wisley vegetable trials subcommittee for 8 years from 2006 to 2013.
Peter Freeman is the most widely travelled member of the team having visited the Far East and India as well as many European countries looking for new products to enhance Thompson & Morgan’s range. Over his 38 years’ in the horticultural business, he has worked in nurseries and garden centres, in buying and management. Peter has a particular passion for herbaceous perennials.
The line-up of Thompson & Morgan’s horticultural team is soon to be further boosted by the return of Kris Collins to the T&M fold. Kris takes up his new role as quality control manager on the horticultural team in mid-December and brings with him a veritable mine of knowledge and experience gained from his almost 20 years in professional horticulture.
For more information:
Thompson & Morgan
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"
- 2022-06-27 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-27 Genetia BioSciences receives Swiss delegation on stimulation Czech-Swiss cooperation
- 2022-06-27 aspara by Growgreen celebrates summer and fourth of July with indoor gardening promotion
- 2022-06-27 From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- 2022-06-24 Floréac awarded the Trophée d’Or 2022 by JardinPlus for the third time in a row
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media