- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
January 26 - 29, 2018 in Frankfurt am Main:
Germany: Floradecora in the heart of Christmasworld
The second edition of Floradecora, innovative Market Place for Fresh Flowers, Decorative Plants, Bouquets and Ready-made Floral Arrangements, will be held in Galleria 1 from 26 to 30 January 2018 and thus be perfectly positioned between the product segments for `Florists` requisites & garden decorations`, Seasonal decorations & gifts` and `Christmas & Advent`. “This means buyers can order fresh flowers and plants, as well as matching seasonal and festive decorations for their assortments during their individual tours of the event”, says Eva Olbrich, Director of Christmasworld and Floradecora, explaining the changes to Floradecora in terms of location and duration, which will create an optimised business setting for both exhibitors and visitors. At Floradecora, fresh flowers, plants and arrangements will be presented clearly by varieties so that visitors can compare the product quality, size and colour of all suppliers directly and place their orders there and then. Particularly popular at present are easy-care products and presentation solutions that are simple to integrate into assortments. To this end, the suppliers will also offer multi-faceted ideas for ready-to-use concepts on their stands or flower circles. The Floradecora exhibitors include Arbodania, Anthura, Barendsen B.V., Dümmen Orange, Flora Dania Marketing A/S, Coloured by Gerbera, Goedegebuure Natural Decorations, Lisianthus.nl and Your Lily.
Presentation tables make product comparisons easy
A central feature of Floradecora is the intuitive visitor flow through the exhibition area, which sets the wide range of products centre stage, including roses, gerberas, lilies, tulips, chrysanthemums, orchids, poinsettias and Christmas trees, together with bamboos, cacti and succulents.The tables on which one type of flower or plant from the different suppliers are shown will primarily be arranged along the staircase to Galleria 1. This way, the professional buyers can immediately see the full range of products on offer, enabling them to make a direct comparison of the fresh flowers available. The display tables thus function as ‘door openers’ to the suppliers: on each table there will be vases, each of which is identified with the name of the grower, the period when the flowers are in bloom and other important information. Once the professional buyers have satisfied themselves as to the colour and quality of the product, they can then get further information from the relevant supplier at the ‘flower circles’ and then proceed to discuss their orders. Flower circles are the ready-made circular exhibition stands, which are offered to exhibitors by Messe Frankfurt. In a nutshell: Floradecora offers exhibitors a complete service: On the one hand, they do not need to worry about constructing their stand. They need concern themselves only with the individual displays of products within the circles. On the other hand, all they need to provide for the display tables is their products. Messe Frankfurt will take care of the rest (organise and put flowers in the vases, water the plants daily, etc.).
Effective marketplace for new contacts
With its innovative exhibition concept, Floradecora integrates fresh flowers and seasonal decoration to best advantage: flower and plant growers and producers, floristry wholesalers, importers & exporters, selling consortia, manufacturers of ready-made flower arrangements and displays etc. can all reach a completely new set of customers amongst the already existing, widely diverse visitor target group for Christmasworld, who, in turn, will discover a whole new range of products. “We are looking to create new stimulus in the retail sector, because mixed selections of goods are becoming more and more popular,” says Ms. Olbrich. The international buyers attending include representatives from wholesale and retail florists and their suppliers, garden centres, DIY stores and building supplies shops, supermarkets and discounters, furniture retailers, grocery and food stores, restaurants and hotels, shopping centres, as well as from town and city marketing departments, event organisers, decoration companies and visual merchandising specialists.
According to the visitor poll, 92 percent of the trade visitors at Floradecora 2017 achieved their targets for the trade fair. 70 percent are top decision-makers with responsibility for purchasing and procurement. Consequently, exhibitors were also satisfied with the quality of the visitors and the number of new contacts.
Anyone wanting to take a look at the innovative concept of the première in detail, can now embark on a virtual tour. The 360° tour of Floradecora 2017 at floradecora.messefrankfurt.com/virtualtour also provides information about the portfolio of products offered by each exhibitor, including details of contact persons.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"