Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
January 26 - 29, 2018 in Frankfurt am Main:
Germany: Floradecora in the heart of Christmasworld
The second edition of Floradecora, innovative Market Place for Fresh Flowers, Decorative Plants, Bouquets and Ready-made Floral Arrangements, will be held in Galleria 1 from 26 to 30 January 2018 and thus be perfectly positioned between the product segments for `Florists` requisites & garden decorations`, Seasonal decorations & gifts` and `Christmas & Advent`. “This means buyers can order fresh flowers and plants, as well as matching seasonal and festive decorations for their assortments during their individual tours of the event”, says Eva Olbrich, Director of Christmasworld and Floradecora, explaining the changes to Floradecora in terms of location and duration, which will create an optimised business setting for both exhibitors and visitors. At Floradecora, fresh flowers, plants and arrangements will be presented clearly by varieties so that visitors can compare the product quality, size and colour of all suppliers directly and place their orders there and then. Particularly popular at present are easy-care products and presentation solutions that are simple to integrate into assortments. To this end, the suppliers will also offer multi-faceted ideas for ready-to-use concepts on their stands or flower circles. The Floradecora exhibitors include Arbodania, Anthura, Barendsen B.V., Dümmen Orange, Flora Dania Marketing A/S, Coloured by Gerbera, Goedegebuure Natural Decorations, Lisianthus.nl and Your Lily.
Presentation tables make product comparisons easy
A central feature of Floradecora is the intuitive visitor flow through the exhibition area, which sets the wide range of products centre stage, including roses, gerberas, lilies, tulips, chrysanthemums, orchids, poinsettias and Christmas trees, together with bamboos, cacti and succulents.The tables on which one type of flower or plant from the different suppliers are shown will primarily be arranged along the staircase to Galleria 1. This way, the professional buyers can immediately see the full range of products on offer, enabling them to make a direct comparison of the fresh flowers available. The display tables thus function as ‘door openers’ to the suppliers: on each table there will be vases, each of which is identified with the name of the grower, the period when the flowers are in bloom and other important information. Once the professional buyers have satisfied themselves as to the colour and quality of the product, they can then get further information from the relevant supplier at the ‘flower circles’ and then proceed to discuss their orders. Flower circles are the ready-made circular exhibition stands, which are offered to exhibitors by Messe Frankfurt. In a nutshell: Floradecora offers exhibitors a complete service: On the one hand, they do not need to worry about constructing their stand. They need concern themselves only with the individual displays of products within the circles. On the other hand, all they need to provide for the display tables is their products. Messe Frankfurt will take care of the rest (organise and put flowers in the vases, water the plants daily, etc.).
Effective marketplace for new contacts
With its innovative exhibition concept, Floradecora integrates fresh flowers and seasonal decoration to best advantage: flower and plant growers and producers, floristry wholesalers, importers & exporters, selling consortia, manufacturers of ready-made flower arrangements and displays etc. can all reach a completely new set of customers amongst the already existing, widely diverse visitor target group for Christmasworld, who, in turn, will discover a whole new range of products. “We are looking to create new stimulus in the retail sector, because mixed selections of goods are becoming more and more popular,” says Ms. Olbrich. The international buyers attending include representatives from wholesale and retail florists and their suppliers, garden centres, DIY stores and building supplies shops, supermarkets and discounters, furniture retailers, grocery and food stores, restaurants and hotels, shopping centres, as well as from town and city marketing departments, event organisers, decoration companies and visual merchandising specialists.
According to the visitor poll, 92 percent of the trade visitors at Floradecora 2017 achieved their targets for the trade fair. 70 percent are top decision-makers with responsibility for purchasing and procurement. Consequently, exhibitors were also satisfied with the quality of the visitors and the number of new contacts.
Anyone wanting to take a look at the innovative concept of the première in detail, can now embark on a virtual tour. The 360° tour of Floradecora 2017 at floradecora.messefrankfurt.com/virtualtour also provides information about the portfolio of products offered by each exhibitor, including details of contact persons.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar